checking for an open window from a non-parent window
Author Message
 checking for an open window from a non-parent window

Hi -
I'm trying to write code in javascript to open a single
occurrence of a window. I use window.open() to create the
initial window and use location.replace() thereafter. The
only problem with this is if the user navigates from the
parent window, my reference to the child window (winPage)
is lost. Any suggestions muchly appreciated...

Here's what I'm trying:
var winPage= null;
if (window.winBillAnalyzer) {
    winPage.document.location.replace("Test.asp?qs=1");

Quote:
}else{

    winPage = window.open("Test.asp?
qs=2","","height=700px;,width=1000px;,status=no,scrollbars=
no,left=10px;,top=10px;");
Quote:
}

Sun, 10 Oct 2004 01:36:52 GMT

1. why parent window reloads on window.open() ?

2. Open new window, update DB, clsoe window and return to Parent

3. changing content of parent window from window.open

4. chid window up window reload on parent window

5. opening page in the frame of a parent window

6. Opening a New Window and then Closing the Parent HELP

7. Opening the link in parent window

8. window.open only opens 1 window

9. how do I open the current window again without opening a new window

10. Problem with window opened with window.open method in IE

11. Closing a window that was opened with the window.open method

12. question about new window and parent window event exchange