How do I read xml documents in the netscape browser
Author Message
 How do I read xml documents in the netscape browser

The code below works fine in IE5 but fails in netscape. What am I doing
wrong?

<SCRIPT type="javascript" FOR="window" EVENT="onload">

var xml = new ActiveXObject("msxml");
xml.URL = "file://Machine1/Data/data1.xml";
var docroot = xml.root;

</SCRIPT>

Thanks in advanced.

Wed, 06 Mar 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 How do I read xml documents in the netscape browser
Netscape is still working on loading XML documents, not to mention dhtml ActiveX objects. I'm pretty sure the ActiveXObject() is an exclusive IE-JScript function

--
mvp Mark L. Ferguson Please reply in newsgroup
marfers notes for OE 5 > (16K) http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Bay/6386/IE_ng_notes.htm

Quote:

> The code below works fine in IE5 but fails in netscape. What am I doing
> wrong?

> <SCRIPT type="javascript" FOR="window" EVENT="onload">

> var xml = new ActiveXObject("msxml");
> xml.URL = "file://Machine1/Data/data1.xml";
> var docroot = xml.root;

> </SCRIPT>

> Thanks in advanced.

Wed, 06 Mar 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. PDF document in Netscape Browser

2. PRB: Reading XML Stream from SQL XML Query

3. XML DOM object in Netscape

4. serialize xml document fragment

5. show specific nodes in an xml document

6. Problem with XML Document

7. Printing XML Documents

8. Create an XML Document from Excel

9. Creating an XML document from an Excel Spreadsheet

10. XML document object model

11. XML DOM and HTML document DOM