JScript
Author Message
 JScript

Hello, How can I find somewhere initial files jscript
(implementation of language)?

Fri, 09 Jul 2004 18:49:59 GMT
 JScript

Quote:

> Hello, How can I find somewhere initial files jscript
> (implementation of language)?

The best source is the Microsoft WSH 5.6 documentation - downloadable with WSH itself at:

WSH 5.6 - all versions
http://msdn.microsoft.com/downloads/default.asp?url=/downloads/sample...
verified from website 2001.12.19

There are several sites with example Jscripts available, although you will also need to dig through VBScript, etc.  Here's a short list of some.

a.. Daren Thiel's Winscripter site
http://www.winscripter.com/
a.. Win32 Scripting [Clarence Washington]
http://cwashington.netreach.net (script search form at bottom of page)
a.. Windows-Script [Ian Morrish]
http://communities.msn.com/windowsscript
a.. WSH Utilities and Scripts Home Page [Jim Warrington]
http://home.att.net/~wshvbs/index.htm
a.. WSH Scripting [Mark Pryor]
http://home.sprintmail.com/~mpryor/
a.. WSHScripting.com
http://www.wshscripting.com

Fri, 09 Jul 2004 19:27:44 GMT
 JScript

Hello, Sorry my English.

I want Source implementation (implementation
specification) microsoft jscript, i not want samples
jscript.

Quote:

Quote:
>> Hello, How can I find somewhere initial files jscript
>> (implementation of language)?

>The best source is the Microsoft WSH 5.6 documentation -

downloadable with WSH itself at:
Quote:

>WSH 5.6 - all versions
>http://msdn.microsoft.com/downloads/default.asp?

url=/downloads/sample.asp?url=/MSDN-
FILES/027/001/733/msdncompositedoc.xml
Quote:
>verified from website 2001.12.19

>There are several sites with example Jscripts available,

although you will also need to dig through VBScript, etc.
Here's a short list of some.
Quote:

>a.. Daren Thiel's Winscripter site
>http://www.winscripter.com/
>a.. Win32 Scripting [Clarence Washington]
>http://cwashington.netreach.net (script search form at
bottom of page)
>a.. Windows-Script [Ian Morrish]
>http://communities.msn.com/windowsscript
>a.. WSH Utilities and Scripts Home Page [Jim Warrington]
>http://home.att.net/~wshvbs/index.htm
>a.. WSH Scripting [Mark Pryor]
>http://home.sprintmail.com/~mpryor/
>a.. WSHScripting.com
>http://www.wshscripting.com

Sat, 10 Jul 2004 11:06:20 GMT
 JScript
Nobody can understand what you want if you can't explain clearly in English.
But I guess Alex has pointed you what you want. Just download and install
it. It will teach you more about JS.

Quote:

> Hello, Sorry my English.

> I want Source implementation (implementation
> specification) microsoft jscript, i not want samples
> jscript.

Sat, 10 Jul 2004 12:58:21 GMT
 JScript
I think I understand.  If not, please try again - and don't worry,
your English is a thousand times better than my Russian.

If I understand correctly, you actually want the *design spec* for
Jscript as implemented.

As I understand it, Microsoft has never formally published this.
However, Jscript is a highly conformant implementation of the
ECMA-Script 262 Standard.  Here are some items which may be of use for
giving you that material.

I found a copy of the spec at
http://www.bbassett.net/njs/e262-3.pdf

Interestingly enough, the same site is an open source implementation
of Netscape's Javascript spec - apparently targeted towards Linux, but
the internal stuff will be very similar.  See
http://www.bbassett.net/njs/

Here are some relevant links from the ECMA site:
http://www.ecma.ch/ecma1/STAND/ECMA-262.HTM
http://www.ecma.ch/ecma1/STAND/ecma-327.htm

FYI for other posters, here are some newsgroup-relevant recent ECMA
standards that caught my eye:

http://www.ecma.ch/ecma1/STAND/ecma-334.htm     ECMA-334  C# Language
Specification  (December 2001)
http://www.ecma.ch/ecma1/STAND/ecma-335.htm     ECMA-335  Common
Language Infrastructure (CLI)  (December 2001)

Quote:

> Hello, Sorry my English.

> I want Source implementation (implementation
> specification) microsoft jscript, i not want samples
> jscript.

Sat, 10 Jul 2004 20:33:58 GMT

1. Import/Include jscript file within a jscript file

2. MAC IE(all) JScript Inside a dropdown, create by JScript does't work

3. Accessing JScript arrays from Java a.k.a Works nice in JavaScript, farts in JScript

4. jscript call another jscript file

5. How do I call JScript functions from within ASP written in JScript

6. JScript functions within a Jscript class not executed

7. how to call clientside jscript from within serverside jscript??

8. IE(all) JScript Inside a dropdown, create by JScript does't work (MAC!!)

9. JScript 1.0 v JScript 3.1 - let the battle commence.

10. WSH jscript control over browser components. jscript -> SHDocVw.dll

11. Anyone porting JScript ASP pages to JScript .NET and ASP .NET?

12. Anybody looking at porting JScript ASP pages to JScript.NET?