Unable to open new window on IE 5.5
Author Message
 Unable to open new window on IE 5.5

Hi,

I really need help with my current problem. Suddenly I'm not able to open
any new window on my browser. I have several applications that have methods:
window.open (blah ... ). It used to work fine until yesterday all the sudden
I can run all my applications (it won't open a new window) and gave me the
following error:

"The callee (sercer[not server application]) is not available and
disappeared; all connections are invalid. The call did not execute."

I'm trying to test by browsing to other site on the internet and try to do
right click on a link and select the "Open in New Window" options on the
dialog box ... and it won't open new window for me. So, I guess my problem
would be located on my browser ... am I right ???

Is somebody have experieced the same problem and can anybody help me how to
fix this problem ?

Thanks, Andie

Mon, 20 Dec 2004 01:02:52 GMT
 Unable to open new window on IE 5.5

Quote:

> Hi,

> I really need help with my current problem. Suddenly I'm not able to open
> any new window on my browser. I have several applications that have methods:
> window.open (blah ... ). It used to work fine until yesterday all the sudden
> I can run all my applications (it won't open a new window) and gave me the
> following error:

> "The callee (sercer[not server application]) is not available and
> disappeared; all connections are invalid. The call did not execute."

> I'm trying to test by browsing to other site on the internet and try to do
> right click on a link and select the "Open in New Window" options on the
> dialog box ... and it won't open new window for me. So, I guess my problem
> would be located on my browser ... am I right ???

> Is somebody have experieced the same problem and can anybody help me how to
> fix this problem ?

> Thanks, Andie

You know, that happened to me, and it just magically went away.  :)
I think I probably got an automatic update or something that fixed it.

Try re-loading IE or running Windows Repair.
Don't forget to reboot.

~kaeli~

Mon, 20 Dec 2004 03:01:43 GMT

1. windows open and close problem between IE 4.0 and IE 5.0/5.5

2. window.open(url, new_name) can break cookies in IE 5.5

3. window.open doesn`t work on my IE 5.5

4. anybody seen the new viewlink in ie 5.5

5. Submitting form opens new window in IE

6. how do I open the current window again without opening a new window

7. Opening a new IE window a set size

8. open a new IE window?

9. onClick to open selection in new Window - NS 4 works, IE 4 Fails

10. onClick to open selection in new Window - NS 4 works, IE 4 Fa ils

11. How to open a new window while keeping the same session in IE 4.0

12. Opening a new IE window a set size