Post a form from one IFrame to another IFrame
Author Message
 Post a form from one IFrame to another IFrame

I have a web page with two iframes on it. iframe1 has a search form where
the user enters data to search for. When the user submits the form I want
the results to display in iframe2. Does anyone know how to do this. I have
tried using a target attribute in the form tag "parent.document.all.iframe2"
without any luck.

Tue, 16 Aug 2005 08:27:49 GMT
 Post a form from one IFrame to another IFrame
I don't know why you are using javascript to populate the
target property, but the following works for a browser
which has a frameset opened with two frames named "frame1"
and "frame2" in which frame1 has the following form:

<Form action=frame2.asp target=frame2>
<Input type=submit>
</Form>

The browser should already have opened something that
looks like this:

<Frameset cols="50%, 50%">
 <Frame name=frame1 src=default1.htm>
 <Frame name=frame2 src=default2.htm>
</Frameset>
<noframes>

with the Form in default1.

Hope this helps,
Steve

Quote:

Wed, 17 Aug 2005 02:23:21 GMT
 Post a form from one IFrame to another IFrame
The web page is not using framesets. I'm using iFrame. Using framesets is
easy, I know. I am looking to provide a specific UI (user interface) that
the iframe control gives me. Thank you for yur reply.

Quote:
> I don't know why you are using javascript to populate the
> target property, but the following works for a browser
> which has a frameset opened with two frames named "frame1"
> and "frame2" in which frame1 has the following form:

> <Form action=frame2.asp target=frame2>
> <Input type=submit>
> </Form>

> The browser should already have opened something that
> looks like this:

> <Frameset cols="50%, 50%">
>  <Frame name=frame1 src=default1.htm>
>  <Frame name=frame2 src=default2.htm>
> </Frameset>
> <noframes>

> with the Form in default1.

> Hope this helps,
> Steve

Wed, 17 Aug 2005 04:34:44 GMT

1. 2nd Post: IFRAME DIVs and form fields

2. 2nd Post: IFRAME DIVs and form fields

3. IFRAME content hangs around on refresh but script in IFRAME is not available

4. Copy the content of and Iframe to anothe iframe

5. IFrame within an IFrame (JSRS)

6. sending input from one iframe to another

7. IFRAME DIVS and hidden form fields

8. IFRAME Form Validation

9. IFrame form submitting

10. showModalDialog problem? Submiting a form to a IFRAME

11. iFrame form submitting

12. IFRAME DIVS and hidden form fields