iframe and parent of its parent
Author Message
 iframe and parent of its parent

Hello, perhaps someone can help me with this problem.

I have a web page (doc1) with a hyplerlink that opens a
popup window with the 'window.showModalDialog()' method.
Inside the popup document (doc2) is an iframe with a
another document (doc3).  doc3 has a form with input
controls.  When the user enters some text in one of the
input controls and hits a commit button, it should call a
custom jscript method that dynamically changes text in
doc1.  However, I'm having difficulty writing this jscript
method b/c i don't how to refer from doc3 to doc1.  Aside
from not knowing the proper syntax, I can't assume that
the doc1 window will be named, so I somehow have to figure
out a relative path of sorts.  Does anyone know how to do
this?  Thanks,

Byron

Sun, 14 Mar 2004 05:49:55 GMT
 iframe and parent of its parent
doc2 is the parent for doc3, refer doc3 to doc2
and use returnValue to send it back to doc1, read
the MSDN for more info

Dade

Quote:
> Hello, perhaps someone can help me with this problem.

> I have a web page (doc1) with a hyplerlink that opens a
> popup window with the 'window.showModalDialog()' method.
> Inside the popup document (doc2) is an iframe with a
> another document (doc3).  doc3 has a form with input
> controls.  When the user enters some text in one of the
> input controls and hits a commit button, it should call a
> custom jscript method that dynamically changes text in
> doc1.  However, I'm having difficulty writing this jscript
> method b/c i don't how to refer from doc3 to doc1.  Aside
> from not knowing the proper syntax, I can't assume that
> the doc1 window will be named, so I somehow have to figure
> out a relative path of sorts.  Does anyone know how to do
> this?  Thanks,

> Byron

Sun, 14 Mar 2004 05:58:03 GMT

1. parent's parent in an IFRAME

2. IFRAME parent????

3. passing info to parent window with IFRAME

4. How to call a function in iFrame from parent page

5. Access to Parent DOM from within an iFrame

6. Error accessing parent functions/vars from IFRAME

7. Calling script from an IFrame to the parent frame

8. Reload Parent Window

9. Refreshing a parent window

10. Calling function from parent window

11. parent.otherframe.something

12. Getting a Child window to Refresh its Parent when its closed