Turning off javascript (testing)
Author Message
 Turning off javascript (testing)

Hello

Is there a way to turn javascript off temporarily for testing purposes (IE
5.5)?

Thanks

Justin Dutoit

Fri, 25 Jul 2003 06:05:34 GMT
 Turning off javascript (testing)
check under tools->options->security  use a custom zone and add your URL,
then check the settings ...  I believe it's the one for active scripting
[enable/disable/prompt]

-TH

Quote:
> Hello

> Is there a way to turn javascript off temporarily for testing purposes (IE
> 5.5)?

> Thanks

> Justin Dutoit

Fri, 25 Jul 2003 06:30:43 GMT
 Turning off javascript (testing)
Do you know how to use the <NOSCRIPT> .... </NOSCRIPT> tag? I turned off
active scripting for the Internet Zone, but to no effect, as far as seeing
the text between the Noscript tags..

Thanks
Justin

Quote:
> check under tools->options->security  use a custom zone and add your URL,
> then check the settings ...  I believe it's the one for active scripting
> [enable/disable/prompt]

> -TH

> > Hello

> > Is there a way to turn javascript off temporarily for testing purposes
(IE
> > 5.5)?

> > Thanks

> > Justin Dutoit

Fri, 25 Jul 2003 09:31:42 GMT
 Turning off javascript (testing)
That's only for browsers that don't support scripting.  I don't think it applies to cases where
users have disabled scripting.

You could use something like...

<head>
<script language="Jscript">
function window::onload()
{
  window.NoScriptMsg.style.display = "none";

Quote:
}

</script>
</head>
blah, blah...
foobar!

This works for IE4+ (not sure about NS versions ;-)...

--
Michael Harris
Microsoft.MVP.Scripting

> Do you know how to use the <NOSCRIPT> .... </NOSCRIPT> tag? I turned off
> active scripting for the Internet Zone, but to no effect, as far as seeing
> the text between the Noscript tags..

> Thanks
> Justin

> > check under tools->options->security  use a custom zone and add your URL,
> > then check the settings ...  I believe it's the one for active scripting
> > [enable/disable/prompt]

> > -TH

> > > Hello

> > > Is there a way to turn javascript off temporarily for testing purposes
> (IE
> > > 5.5)?

> > > Thanks

> > > Justin Dutoit

Fri, 25 Jul 2003 10:14:17 GMT

1. Turn off auto complete with code

2. Turn Autocomplete off

3. Removing ehandler.ps Without Turning Off Power

4. Turning off the power-on page

5. turning netbios over tcpip off

6. turning off printing

7. turning scrollbars off in existing window

8. ps2pdf: turning off bitmap compression

9. Turning off halftone

10. How to turn off toolbar, address bar, etc

11. Turning off AutoComplete programatically

12. Turning frames on & off