Open a window without title bar (also called system menu)
Author Message
 Open a window without title bar (also called system menu)

Hi,

I've seen a web site opening a window with no title bar at all (no system
menu, therefore no close button, no title, no top-left icon). I'm sure that
wasn't achieved through ActiveX or Java components.
Unfortunately, I can't remember the url.

Is there a way to open a window this way, that is, with no decoration *at
all* ?
Maybe an undocumented argument of showModelessDialog or window.open ?
(I'm not talking about a fullscreen window)

I'm using IE 5.x.

--
Frederic Claux

Tue, 02 Dec 2003 17:59:56 GMT
 Open a window without title bar (also called system menu)
Open the window fullscreen and then resize and move it to where you
want.

| Hi,
|
| I've seen a web site opening a window with no title bar at all (no
system
| menu, therefore no close button, no title, no top-left icon). I'm sure
that
| wasn't achieved through ActiveX or Java components.
| Unfortunately, I can't remember the url.
|
| Is there a way to open a window this way, that is, with no decoration
*at
| all* ?
| Maybe an undocumented argument of showModelessDialog or window.open ?
| (I'm not talking about a fullscreen window)
|
| I'm using IE 5.x.
|
| --
| Frederic Claux

Tue, 02 Dec 2003 18:30:59 GMT
 Open a window without title bar (also called system menu)
Thanks a lot, Walter.
That works great, except that the screen has to flash once (I've tried to
set styles like background-color: transparent for both HTML and BODY
elements, it doesn't help...)

I've looked at the window.open() documentation, and this method can accept a
titlebar=no parameter, but only for HTAs or what they call a "trusted dialog
box".

How can I make a "trusted dialog box" ?

I think the "trusted dialog box" solution can be suitable for me, since I'm
instanciating Explorer via the Webbrowser control from a C++ application. My
pages are not taken from the Internet, but only from the res: (resource) and
mk: (moniker) protocols. I mean the user will obviously trust my pages and
my code.

--
Frederic Claux

Quote:
> Open the window fullscreen and then resize and move it to where you
> want.

> | Hi,
> |
> | I've seen a web site opening a window with no title bar at all (no
> system
> | menu, therefore no close button, no title, no top-left icon). I'm sure
> that
> | wasn't achieved through ActiveX or Java components.
> | Unfortunately, I can't remember the url.
> |
> | Is there a way to open a window this way, that is, with no decoration
> *at
> | all* ?
> | Maybe an undocumented argument of showModelessDialog or window.open ?
> | (I'm not talking about a fullscreen window)
> |
> | I'm using IE 5.x.
> |
> | --
> | Frederic Claux

Tue, 02 Dec 2003 18:59:25 GMT
 Open a window without title bar (also called system menu)
The way it si done is to open full screen. Then resize it.

-- Bradley

Quote:
> Hi,

> I've seen a web site opening a window with no title bar at all (no system
> menu, therefore no close button, no title, no top-left icon). I'm sure
that
> wasn't achieved through ActiveX or Java components.
> Unfortunately, I can't remember the url.

> Is there a way to open a window this way, that is, with no decoration *at
> all* ?
> Maybe an undocumented argument of showModelessDialog or window.open ?
> (I'm not talking about a fullscreen window)

> I'm using IE 5.x.

> --
> Frederic Claux

Wed, 03 Dec 2003 01:40:52 GMT
 Open a window without title bar (also called system menu)
This will work for modeless. We use it to pop a window telling the user to
please wait while we prepare a report:
Set msgWindow = window.showModelessDialog
(href,,"dialogHeight:130px;dialogWidth:350px;status:no;center:yes;edge:raise
d;help:no;scroll:no;unadorned:yes")

Quote:
> Hi,

> I've seen a web site opening a window with no title bar at all (no system
> menu, therefore no close button, no title, no top-left icon). I'm sure
that
> wasn't achieved through ActiveX or Java components.
> Unfortunately, I can't remember the url.

> Is there a way to open a window this way, that is, with no decoration *at
> all* ?
> Maybe an undocumented argument of showModelessDialog or window.open ?
> (I'm not talking about a fullscreen window)

> I'm using IE 5.x.

> --
> Frederic Claux

Mon, 08 Dec 2003 06:57:17 GMT
 Open a window without title bar (also called system menu)
You mean, that works *from a trusted application* (.HTA).
I've tested your code from both a HTM file and a HTA file.

From a normal HTM file, the unadorned feature is not available and is always
'no'. Therefore the title bar still appears.

How the hell can I tell explorer that my HTM file is safe and trustworthy ?
Even with security settings at the lowest, trusted features are still
unavailable.

--
Frederic Claux

Quote:
> This will work for modeless. We use it to pop a window telling the user to
> please wait while we prepare a report:
> Set msgWindow = window.showModelessDialog

(href,,"dialogHeight:130px;dialogWidth:350px;status:no;center:yes;edge:raise
Quote:
> d;help:no;scroll:no;unadorned:yes")

> > Hi,

> > I've seen a web site opening a window with no title bar at all (no
system
> > menu, therefore no close button, no title, no top-left icon). I'm sure
> that
> > wasn't achieved through ActiveX or Java components.
> > Unfortunately, I can't remember the url.

> > Is there a way to open a window this way, that is, with no decoration
*at
> > all* ?
> > Maybe an undocumented argument of showModelessDialog or window.open ?
> > (I'm not talking about a fullscreen window)

> > I'm using IE 5.x.

> > --
> > Frederic Claux

Mon, 08 Dec 2003 18:26:34 GMT

1. open.window without a title bar?

2. Open Browser without Menu, Nav or Address Bars

3. Opening a window without tollbars and menus

4. how do I open the current window again without opening a new window

5. Drop the menu bar the icon bar and the status bar

6. adding a title to the title bar

7. Title only in title bar of msgbox

8. Change Title In Alert Box Title Bar ???

9. open an asp page with only a menu bar

10. Change title bar in window from CSCRIPT?

11. href wondow.open with no tool or menu bars

12. popup window with only shrunken title bar