How do you scroll through a NAV layer?
Author Message
 How do you scroll through a NAV layer?

The following code displays one of two external files.  The external files
will be 100+ rows and I need the ability to scroll through them.
SCROLLING="Yes" for the IFRAME works beautifully, but I don't know what to
do with the layer.  Any suggestions?

Thanks.

<head>
<script>
ns4 = (document.layers)? true:false;
function init(){
 if (ns4) document.textLayer.src = "tstnav.htm";
 else parent.textFrame.document.location = "tstie.htm"

Quote:
}

</script>
</head>
<LAYER NAME="textLayer" src="blank.htm" LEFT=12 TOP=15 WIDTH=300
HEIGHT=200></LAYER>
<IFRAME SRC="blank.htm" NAME="textFrame" SCROLLING="Yes" WIDTH="300"
HEIGHT="200" FRAMEBORDER="No">
</IFRAME>
Trailer info for site.

Sun, 29 Aug 2004 10:43:33 GMT
 How do you scroll through a NAV layer?
I tried:

<LAYER NAME="textLayer" CLIP="0,0,60,100" style="overflow:scroll;"
src="blank.htm" LEFT=12 TOP=15 WIDTH=300 HEIGHT=200></LAYER>

but there were no scroll bars and I could not scroll with the keyboard or
mouse (select text
and pull mouse down).  This is with NAV 4.72.  Any ideas why this might not
be working?
Also I increased the clip area to 0,0,60,300 to ensure their was data to
scroll to and there was.

Quote:
> style="overflow: scroll;"

> but you'll need to set clipping properties for it.

> Atrax - MVP [Microsoft Most Valued Professional]

> http://www.infinitemonkeys.ws/

> Host with me for $100 a year!
> http://www.atrax.ws/hosting/

Sun, 29 Aug 2004 11:20:57 GMT

1. Problems using style="overflow:scroll;" and clipping to enable scrolling in a NAV layer

2. JS to VB Scrolling layer script

3. rollover to V scroll new text in layer

4. problem in IE with scrolling layers...

5. Howto scroll an existing layer?

6. Doing something when scrolling...

7. external page as layer source with multiple layers

8. vertical scroll bars to scroll a maximized form??

9. Using DHTML to dynamically change NAV bar - Show/ Hide Layers & outer(inner)HTML

10. JavaScript works in IE and later versions of Nav, but not Nav 4.79 (long as it includes an entire page)

11. Open Browser without Menu, Nav or Address Bars

12. Dynamic Nav (Top of Page) Button