Jscript and access db (client side only) - urgently need help
Author Message
 Jscript and access db (client side only) - urgently need help

I need to access a Access db from an html page.
Both the db and the html page reside on a cd.
I can only use client side script.

is this possible?
if not why?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

--
Ezra T. Trotman

Sat, 08 Feb 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 Jscript and access db (client side only) - urgently need help

<object id="mydb" data="d:\subfolder\my.mdb"></object>

--

Mark L. Ferguson    Reply Only in Newsgroup
marfer's notes for OE 5.0 > http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Bay/6386/IE_ng_notes.htm

Quote:

> I need to access a Access db from an html page.
> Both the db and the html page reside on a cd.
> I can only use client side script.

> is this possible?
> if not why?

> Any help would be greatly appreciated.

> --
> Ezra T. Trotman

Sat, 08 Feb 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 Jscript and access db (client side only) - urgently need help
Thank you. But would you be so kind as to show me how I can use to query the
db and return a recordset.
a simple example or link should surfice

--
Ezra T. Trotman

..

<object id="mydb" data="d:\subfolder\my.mdb"></object>

--
link to FAQ for OE 5.5

Mark L. Ferguson    Reply Only in Newsgroup
marfer's notes for OE 5.0 >
http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Bay/6386/IE_ng_notes.htm

Quote:

> I need to access a Access db from an html page.
> Both the db and the html page reside on a cd.
> I can only use client side script.

> is this possible?
> if not why?

> Any help would be greatly appreciated.

> --
> Ezra T. Trotman

Sat, 08 Feb 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 Jscript and access db (client side only) - urgently need help

Hi

Some VERY basic example
http://www.icysoft.com/Tudor/asptudor.htm

--
Best Regards
 Vidar Petursson

==============================
 No matter where you go there you are
-

Quote:
> Thank you. But would you be so kind as to show me how I can use to query
the
> db and return a recordset.
> a simple example or link should surfice

> --
> Ezra T. Trotman

> ..

> <object id="mydb" data="d:\subfolder\my.mdb"></object>

> --
> link to FAQ for OE 5.5

> Mark L. Ferguson    Reply Only in Newsgroup
> marfer's notes for OE 5.0 >
> http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Bay/6386/IE_ng_notes.htm

> > I need to access a Access db from an html page.
> > Both the db and the html page reside on a cd.
> > I can only use client side script.

> > is this possible?
> > if not why?

> > Any help would be greatly appreciated.

> > --
> > Ezra T. Trotman

Sun, 09 Feb 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 Jscript and access db (client side only) - urgently need help
 Thanks for the example, but its server_side.
And I need Client-Side ONLY.

The HTML page and the Access db reside on a cd ( no server)

--
Ezra T. Trotman

Quote:
> Hi

> Some VERY basic example
> http://www.icysoft.com/Tudor/asptudor.htm

> --
> Best Regards
>  Vidar Petursson
> ==============================
>   Microsoft Internet, Client, SDK MVP
> ==============================
>  http://www.icysoft.com
>  http://www.dna.is

> ==============================
>  No matter where you go there you are
> -

> > Thank you. But would you be so kind as to show me how I can use to query
> the
> > db and return a recordset.
> > a simple example or link should surfice

> > --
> > Ezra T. Trotman

> > ..

> > <object id="mydb" data="d:\subfolder\my.mdb"></object>

> > --
> > link to FAQ for OE 5.5

> > Mark L. Ferguson    Reply Only in Newsgroup
> > marfer's notes for OE 5.0 >
> > http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Bay/6386/IE_ng_notes.htm

> > > I need to access a Access db from an html page.
> > > Both the db and the html page reside on a cd.
> > > I can only use client side script.

> > > is this possible?
> > > if not why?

> > > Any help would be greatly appreciated.

> > > --
> > > Ezra T. Trotman

Sun, 09 Feb 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 Jscript and access db (client side only) - urgently need help

The Access COM object is very like the COM used for Excel. Take a look at the chart sample you get with the WSH install (c:\windows\samples\wsh\chart.vbs). Using the Access script object can be understood by using the VB Object Browser.

--

Mark L. Ferguson    Reply Only in Newsgroup
marfer's notes for OE 5.0 > http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Bay/6386/IE_ng_notes.htm

Quote:
> Thanks for the example, but its server_side.
> And I need Client-Side ONLY.

> The HTML page and the Access db reside on a cd ( no server)

> --
> Ezra T. Trotman

> > Hi

> > Some VERY basic example
> > http://www.icysoft.com/Tudor/asptudor.htm

> > --
> > Best Regards
> >  Vidar Petursson
> > ==============================
> >   Microsoft Internet, Client, SDK MVP
> > ==============================
> >  http://www.icysoft.com
> >  http://www.dna.is

> > ==============================
> >  No matter where you go there you are
> > -

> > > Thank you. But would you be so kind as to show me how I can use to query
> > the
> > > db and return a recordset.
> > > a simple example or link should surfice

> > > --
> > > Ezra T. Trotman

> > > ..

> > > <object id="mydb" data="d:\subfolder\my.mdb"></object>

> > > --
> > > link to FAQ for OE 5.5

> > > Mark L. Ferguson    Reply Only in Newsgroup
> > > marfer's notes for OE 5.0 >
> > > http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Bay/6386/IE_ng_notes.htm

Sun, 09 Feb 2003 03:00:00 GMT

1. Need Help and Example on Access DB and Jscript

2. Server-side JScript for DB access?

3. Help converting server-side VBScript array into client-side JScript array

4. Server Side Scripter needs help on Client Side

5. Accessing server side variables from client jscript

6. Need jscript client side validation

7. Help Needed - Javascript connection to an Access DB

8. Urgent : Needs help in catching DB errors in JScript

9. Urgently need Jscript/script for Outlook Express

10. Accessing Data generated with client-side script from server-side script

11. JScript code for both server side and client side

12. Client Side Scripting Help Needed! - URGENT