Server Side JScript - Requesting info from a form
Author Message
 Server Side JScript - Requesting info from a form

Hello,

    I am very new to JScript and I am having a problem trying to get
information from a form using a server side script. This is the code I am
using to get a Hidden Text Box value from a form in an ASP page:

<%
If (Request.Form("Lookup") == "True")
{
    // Do stuff here

Quote:
}

When using this I get a JScript Error 'Object expected '. What am I doing
wrong, this works perfectly in VBScript.

Thanks,

Mike Watkins

Sun, 14 Sep 2003 01:15:34 GMT
 Server Side JScript - Requesting info from a form
If (Request.Form("Lookup")+"" == "True")
or
If (Request.Form("Lookup").item() == "True")

--
Michael Harris
Microsoft.MVP.Scripting

> Hello,

>     I am very new to JScript and I am having a problem trying to get
> information from a form using a server side script. This is the code I am
> using to get a Hidden Text Box value from a form in an ASP page:

> <%
> If (Request.Form("Lookup") == "True")
> {
>     // Do stuff here
> }

> When using this I get a JScript Error 'Object expected '. What am I doing
> wrong, this works perfectly in VBScript.

> Thanks,

> Mike Watkins

Sun, 14 Sep 2003 03:01:18 GMT
 Server Side JScript - Requesting info from a form
Hi

if Not If

case sensitive

Best Regards
  Vidar Petursson
 ==============================
   Microsoft Internet, Client, SDK MVP
 ==============================
 http://www.icysoft.com
 http://www.dna.is

 ==============================
  No matter where you go there you are
 ==============================

> Hello,

>     I am very new to JScript and I am having a problem trying to get
> information from a form using a server side script. This is the code I am
> using to get a Hidden Text Box value from a form in an ASP page:

> <%
> If (Request.Form("Lookup") == "True")
> {
>     // Do stuff here
> }

> When using this I get a JScript Error 'Object expected '. What am I doing
> wrong, this works perfectly in VBScript.

> Thanks,

> Mike Watkins

Sun, 14 Sep 2003 07:10:08 GMT

1. Calling Server Side JScript from Server Side VBScript

2. Server side info in ActiveX Control (Client Side)

3. Help converting server-side VBScript array into client-side JScript array

4. JScript code for both server side and client side

5. Jscript client-side and server-side objects

6. getting server side vbscript array to client side jscript

7. getting server side vbscript array to client side jscript

8. Client-Side vs Server-side ASP/JScript

9. Server-side bug in Request object?

10. Info source for learning/using server-side VBScript ?

11. Server side (asp) ActiveX dll calls problem (Form open)

12. Print Server Side form ASP