Cross Domain Scripting on an Intranet
Author Message
 Cross Domain Scripting on an Intranet

Hi All,

I think the answer is probably going to be no from wht I've read, and
searched for, but I thought I'd give it one last go before I give up
and work out a different approch.

I'm working in an NT Intranet enviroment.  However there are many
distinct domains.  I have an ASP script runing in one domain that looks
up authentication details of the person viewing the page, gets
eveything like name & location details etc and writes it out to a form
in hidden fields.  The reasioning being that I could keep this in a
hidden frame to get the details when I needed them without having the
hassle of regestering objects on different servers.  The trouble is I'm
working accross several domains and obviously the Jscript Security
won't allow me access.  I've tried setting document.domain on the asp
file to reflect the one I'm working on, then set it the same on that,
but as it's a separate domain, not a sub domain, it won't work.  I've
also tried moving the form elements into user defined variables on the
asp page but no luck there either.

Any ideas, or will I have to think of something else?

Mark

Sent via Deja.com http://www.*-*-*.com/
Before you buy.

Fri, 02 May 2003 03:00:00 GMT

1. cross-frame, cross-domain script access denial

2. cross-frame/cross-domain text selection

3. "access denied" on cross domain scripting

4. cross-domain

5. WPM 5.0 goes cross-domain

6. Cross-domain LDAP referrals fail

7. Include - Cross Domains

8. HELP!: ADSI cross-domain query not working

9. ASDI cross-domain query

10. WPM 5.0 goes cross-domain

11. Cross-domain LDAP referrals fail in the same forest

12. Cross Domains - Include from