Problem with window opened thru window.open without toolbar and then maximized.
Author Message
 Problem with window opened thru window.open without toolbar and then maximized.

Anyone, seen a problem like this?

Executing Window.open from Javascript with arguments set to have no toolbar
results in a new window that does not have the toolbar.  However, upon using
F11 to switch to full-screen, the toolbar reappears and over-writes data on
the page.

Customer wishes for a way to open a window with toolbar off such that the
toolbar remains suppressed when switching that window to full-screen and
does not overwrite the data on the page.

Below is the HTML

<head>
<title></title>
</head>
<script LANGUAGE="JavaScript">
 function NoToolbarDialog()

  window.open(" http://www.*-*-*.com/ ;, "Print",
"resizable=yes,menubar=no,scrollbars=no,toolbar=no,fullscreen=no,titlebar=ye
s");
 }

 function ToolbarDialog()

  window.open(" http://www.*-*-*.com/ ;, "print",
"resizable=no,menubar=yes,scrollbars=no,toolbar=no");
 }
</script>

Steps to reproduce:
1) Open the attached HTML file
2) Click on No Toolbar hyperlink.  Observe that new window comes up
without a toolbar.  Now, press F11 to go to full screen.  At this point, the
toolbar reappears in the new window and actually overwrites part of the HTML
page.
3) For reference purposes, Click on Toolbar hyperlink.  Observe that
window comes up with just the menu portion of the toolbar.  Now, press F11
to go to full screen.  At this point, the toolbar reappears at the top of
the page, but no data is overwritten.

Thanks,

Bob Leithiser

Fri, 14 Feb 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 Problem with window opened thru window.open without toolbar and then maximized.
First off, I don't know much about all this, but, the full-screen mode
reached by F11 is not normally used. Not only that, but if you notice, in
the page that shows the menu-bar only, if you hit F11, the toolbar goes
away, and you get only the toolbar after that, but not the menu-bar.

I think this is because IE needs the menubar in fullscreen mode to be able
to exit (try setting fullscreen to yes and see what THAT does...).

I would suggest intercepting an F11 key-press by the user and activating the
menubar before the F11 is executed...

Charles Lehardy
Work: (520) 529-8636 ext 107
Mobile: (520) 907-1826

Quote:
> Anyone, seen a problem like this?

> Executing Window.open from Javascript with arguments set to have no
toolbar
> results in a new window that does not have the toolbar.  However, upon
using
> F11 to switch to full-screen, the toolbar reappears and over-writes data
on
> the page.

> Customer wishes for a way to open a window with toolbar off such that the
> toolbar remains suppressed when switching that window to full-screen and
> does not overwrite the data on the page.

> Below is the HTML

> <head>
> <title></title>
> </head>
> <script LANGUAGE="JavaScript">
>  function NoToolbarDialog()

>   window.open("http://www.microsoft.com/default.htm", "Print",

"resizable=yes,menubar=no,scrollbars=no,toolbar=no,fullscreen=no,titlebar=ye

> s");
>  }

>  function ToolbarDialog()

>   window.open("http://www.microsoft.com/default.htm", "print",
> "resizable=no,menubar=yes,scrollbars=no,toolbar=no");
>  }
> </script>

> Steps to reproduce:
> 1) Open the attached HTML file
> 2) Click on "No Toolbar" hyperlink.  Observe that new window comes up
> without a toolbar.  Now, press F11 to go to full screen.  At this point,
the
> toolbar reappears in the new window and actually overwrites part of the
HTML
> page.
> 3) For reference purposes, Click on "Toolbar" hyperlink.  Observe that
> window comes up with just the menu portion of the toolbar.  Now, press F11
> to go to full screen.  At this point, the toolbar reappears at the top of
> the page, but no data is overwritten.

> Thanks,

> Bob Leithiser

Fri, 14 Feb 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 Problem with window opened thru window.open without toolbar and then maximized.
I tried to capture the F11 key by in the various key events (keypress,
keyup, keydown) and no luck.  Seems that this particular key is ignored by
the IE event procedures.

Bottom line is that users want to operate in full-screen mode (this is a 3rd
party thing, so I don't have any clout to convince them otherwise) and they
also don't want toolbars because they need real estate for viewing
high-resolution TIF documents.

What is strange is that this works fine in the primary IE window opened by
starting the browser.  The problems only start occurring when a window is
opened programatically.

Any other ideas?

--
Robert

Quote:

>First off, I don't know much about all this, but, the full-screen mode
>reached by F11 is not normally used. Not only that, but if you notice, in
>the page that shows the menu-bar only, if you hit F11, the toolbar goes
>away, and you get only the toolbar after that, but not the menu-bar.

>I think this is because IE needs the menubar in fullscreen mode to be able
>to exit (try setting fullscreen to yes and see what THAT does...).

>I would suggest intercepting an F11 key-press by the user and activating
the
>menubar before the F11 is executed...

>Charles Lehardy
>Work: (520) 529-8636 ext 107
>Mobile: (520) 907-1826

>> Anyone, seen a problem like this?

>> Executing Window.open from Javascript with arguments set to have no
>toolbar
>> results in a new window that does not have the toolbar.  However, upon
>using
>> F11 to switch to full-screen, the toolbar reappears and over-writes data
>on
>> the page.

>> Customer wishes for a way to open a window with toolbar off such that the
>> toolbar remains suppressed when switching that window to full-screen and
>> does not overwrite the data on the page.

>> Below is the HTML

>> <head>
>> <title></title>
>> </head>
>> <script LANGUAGE="JavaScript">
>>  function NoToolbarDialog()

>>   window.open("http://www.microsoft.com/default.htm", "Print",

>"resizable=yes,menubar=no,scrollbars=no,toolbar=no,fullscreen=no,titlebar=y
>> s");
>>  }

>>  function ToolbarDialog()

>>   window.open("http://www.microsoft.com/default.htm", "print",
>> "resizable=no,menubar=yes,scrollbars=no,toolbar=no");
>>  }
>> </script>

>> Steps to reproduce:
>> 1) Open the attached HTML file
>> 2) Click on "No Toolbar" hyperlink.  Observe that new window comes up
>> without a toolbar.  Now, press F11 to go to full screen.  At this point,
>the
>> toolbar reappears in the new window and actually overwrites part of the
>HTML
>> page.
>> 3) For reference purposes, Click on "Toolbar" hyperlink.  Observe that
>> window comes up with just the menu portion of the toolbar.  Now, press
F11
>> to go to full screen.  At this point, the toolbar reappears at the top of
>> the page, but no data is overwritten.

>> Thanks,

>> Bob Leithiser

Fri, 14 Feb 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 Problem with window opened thru window.open without toolbar and then maximized.
Hi

Captures F11 just fine here

--
Best Regards
  Vidar Petursson

 ==============================
 No matter where you go there you are

Quote:
> I tried to capture the F11 key by in the various key events (keypress,
> keyup, keydown) and no luck.  Seems that this particular key is ignored by
> the IE event procedures.

> Bottom line is that users want to operate in full-screen mode (this is a
3rd
> party thing, so I don't have any clout to convince them otherwise) and
they
> also don't want toolbars because they need real estate for viewing
> high-resolution TIF documents.

> What is strange is that this works fine in the primary IE window opened by
> starting the browser.  The problems only start occurring when a window is
> opened programatically.

> Any other ideas?

> --
> Robert

> >First off, I don't know much about all this, but, the full-screen mode
> >reached by F11 is not normally used. Not only that, but if you notice, in
> >the page that shows the menu-bar only, if you hit F11, the toolbar goes
> >away, and you get only the toolbar after that, but not the menu-bar.

> >I think this is because IE needs the menubar in fullscreen mode to be
able
> >to exit (try setting fullscreen to yes and see what THAT does...).

> >I would suggest intercepting an F11 key-press by the user and activating
> the
> >menubar before the F11 is executed...

Fri, 14 Feb 2003 03:00:00 GMT

1. how do I open the current window again without opening a new window

2. Open new window without toolbar and url-line

3. Open New Browser Window without Toolbar

4. Open the same window without toolbars

5. Problem with window opened with window.open method in IE

6. window.open does not maximize the new window

7. window.open - how to maximize window?

8. window.open only opens 1 window

9. window.open problem / windows problem

10. window.open problem / windows problem

11. Closing a window that was opened with the window.open method

12. window.open and maximize ?