trying to alter MSWord's save function
Author Message
 trying to alter MSWord's save function

My goal is to make it such that whenever a user saves a Word document that
doc is automatically inserted into a database.  The problem is that this is
part of a client/server application that uses Jscript in a web page to
automate Word and consequently no permanent changes of any kind may be made
to the client machine's configuration and the entire operation must be
programmed.  This means I do not want the user to have to ever do anything
to make this work.  The documentation says that word functions can be
overridden by creating macros of the same name. Is it possible to create and
attach a macro to a new blank document from script only?  Another idea I had
was to use the Word application's DocumentBeforeSaveEvent to trigger some of
my code when the doc is saved but it appears that using this event would
require a VB class module on the client's machine which is something I want
to avoid.  Can anyone help?

Matt

Fri, 02 May 2003 13:13:49 GMT
 trying to alter MSWord's save function

Hi Matt,

Quote:
> Is it possible to create and
> attach a macro to a new blank document from script only?

I don't know if it can be done by script (although I'd
think so), but what you do need is the VBExtensibility
library and Help files (VBE6EXT.OLB, for example).

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.mvps.org/word
http://go.compuserve.com/MSOfficeForum

This reply is posted in the Newsgroup; please post any
follow question or reply in the newsgroup and not by e-mail
:-)

Sat, 03 May 2003 03:00:00 GMT

1. Signing a script file , then altering it doesn't prevent the script to run

2. trying to make code more 'reusable'

3. global 'save' objects

4. GSwin 'ps2ascii': How to save output?

5. IE 'Save Target As'

6. 'save as' a file

7. Newbie - trying to return multiple values from Function

8. Trying to dynamically add a function to the onmouseover event

9. Trying to skip function execution

10. try again on submit function

11. Permission Denied when try to call a jscript function from different frame

12. Questions about nesting functions, try...catch and others