Error accessing parent functions/vars from IFRAME
Author Message
 Error accessing parent functions/vars from IFRAME

Hi

Hmmmm....
Try it with
parent.window.FUNCTION();

--
Best Regards
  Vidar Petursson

Quote:
> I have a page which displays a control panel and an
> IFRAME where results are displayed.  This page contains
> some funtions which control what the IFRAME displays and
> also returns the result to the original calling page.

> I have recently installed the IE6 SP1 on my XP Pro
> machine and now the IFRAME cannot access any javascript
> functions or variables on the parent page.

> The code I have in the IFRAME which works fine on
> previous IE versions is: -

>   parent.functionToRun();

> Can anyone advise if there is an alternative way for this
> to work in SP1 and previous versions and also what is
> preventing this from working?

> Best Regards

> Paul Hulatt
> optimafinancialsystems

Mon, 28 Mar 2005 18:36:05 GMT
 Error accessing parent functions/vars from IFRAME
No, this still errors.

Quote:

Mon, 28 Mar 2005 19:41:58 GMT
 Error accessing parent functions/vars from IFRAME
Maybe if post some minimized code this will be easier.
Quote:

> No, this still errors.

Mon, 28 Mar 2005 21:38:08 GMT

1. How to call a function in iFrame from parent page

2. Access to Parent DOM from within an iFrame

3. Accessing Functions/Vars in opener Window.

4. iframe and parent of its parent

5. parent's parent in an IFRAME

6. IFRAME parent????

7. passing info to parent window with IFRAME

8. Calling script from an IFrame to the parent frame

9. Passing Vars to a function

10. passing vars to a function

11. Calling function from parent window

12. calling function in child frame from parent frame