Phone Number Formatting
Author Message
 Phone Number Formatting

Does anyone have a good script for formatting phone numbers including
international ones onunfocus of the text box?

Fri, 18 Oct 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Phone Number Formatting
Bryan,

I don't think it is possible: the correct (local) formatting international
phonenumbers differs too much.

For example: in Holland we use:
- regular numbers: three or four digit area code followed by  7 or 6 digit
  subscriber number (always total of 10 digits)
- mobile: 10 digits
- 0800 (free) / 0900 (special rate): any number of digits after the first
four
and then there also are "word" numbers, where the letters are an
alias for the actual numbers, but form a useful reminder.

Other countries will have other formats still.

Hans Kesting

Quote:
> Does anyone have a good script for formatting phone numbers including
> international ones onunfocus of the text box?

Sat, 19 Oct 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Phone Number Formatting

Quote:
> Does anyone have a good script for formatting phone numbers including
> international ones onunfocus of the text box?

Formatting phone numbers how do you mean?

With ITU formats you pretty much only have +xxxxxxxxxxxxx with spaces
allowed where stuff to the left is optional, so for the UK for example
+447957xxxxxx is my mobile number and _no_ spaces are allowed, so not really
much formatting to do, different countries have such different formats, with
different parts being optional there's nothing you can really do.

Jim.

Sat, 19 Oct 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. phone number format

2. Phone Number Format

3. Formatting Phone Numbers

4. Format Phone Number

5. format phone numbers

6. Get user's phone number and pager number from AD

7. Extracting phone numbers

8. extracting a Phone number

9. Check contact phone number stops working?

10. Form input validation international phone number

11. Formating text string as phone number

12. VBScript - Masking a phone number to (XXX) XXX-XXXX