passing to a JScript asp
Author Message
 passing to a JScript asp

One more please.

I made a small asp called plop.asp it looks like this:

<script language="JScript">
<%
var plop = Null
plop = Request("plop")
Request.Write(plop)
%>

I pu this asp in my web.  Called by http://localhost/plop.asp?plop=2

I should get a 2 in the browser right?  I get nothing.   I can easily do
this in VBScript but JScript is not cooperating.

--
George Hester
_________________________________

Mon, 06 Sep 2004 16:01:24 GMT
 passing to a JScript asp
You're getting something -- a JScript error on the client. You are actually
senting this to the client:

    <script language="JScript">[Error message]

Turn on scripting error notification in your browser and you'll see. Or just

There are three ways to use JScript on the server:

    (1) make it the default language and simply use <% inline JScript %> blocks,

    (2) explicitly declare the language as the default for the document like

    (3) use <script runat="server">

You are doing none of these. I could tell you were executing VBScript because
you didn't get an error on the first line of JScript (null is not Null in
JScript).

Quote:

--
Dave Anderson

Unsolicited commercial email will be read at a cost of $500 per message. Use of
this email address implies consent to these terms. Please do not contact me
directly for assistance. If your question is worth asking, it's worth posting.

Mon, 06 Sep 2004 21:21:24 GMT
 passing to a JScript asp
You have an opening client-side script tag with no closing tag. Even if you did
close the client-side script tag, you wouldn't see anything in the browser;
you'd just have an error message inside the script tag.

If you want to use JScript as the server-side scripting language, use the ASP
language directive at the start of your page

Then you'll have to correct your script. JScript is case sensitive; it's "null",
not "Null". And it's "Response.Write", not "Request.Write".

  <%
  var plop = null;
  plop = Request("plop");
  Response.Write(plop);
  %>

--
It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without
accepting it. -Aristotle

=-=-=
Steve
-=-=-

Quote:
> One more please.

> I made a small asp called plop.asp it looks like this:

> <script language="JScript">
> <%
> var plop = Null
> plop = Request("plop")
> Request.Write(plop)
> %>

> I pu this asp in my web.  Called by http://localhost/plop.asp?plop=2

> I should get a 2 in the browser right?  I get nothing.   I can easily do
> this in VBScript but JScript is not cooperating.

> --
> George Hester
> _________________________________

Mon, 06 Sep 2004 20:52:02 GMT
 passing to a JScript asp
Finally.  I am sorry to bother with you such stupidity.    This gave it to
me:

<%
var plop = null
plop = Request("plop")
Response.Write(plop)
%>

--
George Hester
_________________________________

Quote:
> You have an opening client-side script tag with no closing tag. Even if
you did
> close the client-side script tag, you wouldn't see anything in the
browser;
> you'd just have an error message inside the script tag.

> If you want to use JScript as the server-side scripting language, use the
ASP
> language directive at the start of your page

> Then you'll have to correct your script. JScript is case sensitive; it's
"null",
> not "Null". And it's "Response.Write", not "Request.Write".

>   <%
>   var plop = null;
>   plop = Request("plop");
>   Response.Write(plop);
>   %>

> --
> It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought
without
> accepting it. -Aristotle

> =-=-=
> Steve
> -=-=-

> > One more please.

> > I made a small asp called plop.asp it looks like this:

> > <script language="JScript">
> > <%
> > var plop = Null
> > plop = Request("plop")
> > Request.Write(plop)
> > %>

> > I pu this asp in my web.  Called by http://localhost/plop.asp?plop=2

> > I should get a 2 in the browser right?  I get nothing.   I can easily do
> > this in VBScript but JScript is not cooperating.

> > --
> > George Hester
> > _________________________________

Mon, 06 Sep 2004 23:19:06 GMT
 passing to a JScript asp
you may write this way

some HTML or anything here
<%
var plop = null
plop = Request("plop")
Response.Write(plop)
%>

some HTML or anything here

regards
Sergey Kuptsov

Quote:
> One more please.

> I made a small asp called plop.asp it looks like this:

> <script language="JScript">
> <%
> var plop = Null
> plop = Request("plop")
> Request.Write(plop)
> %>

> I pu this asp in my web.  Called by http://localhost/plop.asp?plop=2

> I should get a 2 in the browser right?  I get nothing.   I can easily do
> this in VBScript but JScript is not cooperating.

> --
> George Hester
> _________________________________

Mon, 06 Sep 2004 23:55:16 GMT
 passing to a JScript asp
There's nothing stupid about beginning a learning process. It's actually
refreshing to see someone yearn to use JScript on the server side.

Quote:

--
Dave Anderson

Unsolicited commercial email will be read at a cost of $500 per message. Use of
this email address implies consent to these terms. Please do not contact me
directly or ask me to contact you directly for assistance. If your question is
worth asking, it's worth posting.

Mon, 06 Sep 2004 23:58:38 GMT

1. passing a JScript variable to ASP (Vbscript)

2. How to pass an n-dim array from VBScript to JScript within an ASP page

3. Passing array of strings from ASP (JScript) to ATL COM

4. Passing variables Jscript to ASP

5. Passing a JScript variable to ASP

6. Passing values between jscript and ASP

7. passing jscript values to ASP?

8. ASP : Passing values from One ASP to the Next

9. Passing a string from asp to asp

10. passing array from componet to asp: cann't display all the infor from asp

11. Passing a string from asp to asp

12. passing data from asp page to ASP.NET