How can I open text file for output in the same directory
Author Message
 How can I open text file for output in the same directory

I would like to create a text file in the same directory
where the application exist. Also how can I write to it.

Assuming that I don't know the path of the application.

Please help

Sincerely yours

Mike john

Sat, 19 Nov 2005 23:22:32 GMT
 How can I open text file for output in the same directory
There is software that will walk the %PATH% environment variable
looking for any file and telling you the path.  That's not part of the
.js magic wand but you should be also able to do that in .js perse
passing the directories found in the PATH environment to
FileSystemObject and looking there for the executable.  The examples
for file output are a dime a dozen in this ng.  I'm not being a tease
but don't have the time for a specific example.

BitsNotBytes

Quote:

> I would like to create a text file in the same directory
> where the application exist. Also how can I write to it.

> Assuming that I don't know the path of the application.

> Please help

> Sincerely yours

> Mike john

Tue, 22 Nov 2005 01:28:41 GMT

1. Output directory contents to text file

2. How to open a text file for output

3. appending text to output text file

4. sample code needed to open plain text file and use as excel97 file

5. Opening all files of a type in a directory

6. Want to redirect output to an already open file

7. Redirect FORM output to local text File

8. Outputting Control Character to Text File with JScript

9. append dos output text to log file

10. output filenames and Folders to a text file in a dir and all subs

11. output filenames to a text file in a dir and all subs

12. Output filenames to a Text file