Reload a frame
Author Message
 Reload a frame

I have the following code that works very well on Netscape but fail on
IE.
  <INPUT TYPE="BUTTON" NAME="B"
onCLick="javascript:top.texto.location.reload()" VALUE="teste">

I'm using this code to request the browser to reload the content of the
frame "texto". Can anyone help me??

thanks,

Luciano Coelho
Sun Certified Programmer for Java2
e-Sec Data Security Technology

Sun, 26 May 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Reload a frame
A possible [better] solution would be to use the history or store the URL
you came from in a variable, and hard-wire it into the script as a function
to reload that page. "Refreshes" in my experience have been very flaky when
trying to accomodate different breeds of browsers.

You could be confusing "location" property with the "href" property
depending on what you're trying to do.

Quote:
> I have the following code that works very well on Netscape but fail on
> IE.
>   <INPUT TYPE="BUTTON" NAME="B"
> onCLick="javascript:top.texto.location.reload()" VALUE="teste">

> I'm using this code to request the browser to reload the content of the
> frame "texto". Can anyone help me??

> thanks,

> Luciano Coelho
> Sun Certified Programmer for Java2
> e-Sec Data Security Technology

Sun, 26 May 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Reload a frame
    I think that I don't explain very well what I want to do.

    Well, I have a window split into two panels. The one contais a form (Frame
X, that works as a filter) and the other (Frame Y) contains the result of a
query made with the form of the first frame(X).

    In the result frame I have a set of links that selected open a new window.
What I want is when a special action occur within the new window, I request the
browser to reload the frame Y's content.

For that I used the command:

<INPUT TYPE="BUTTON" NAME="B" onCLick="javascript:top.Y.location.reload()"
VALUE="teste">

I was more clear that time?

Thanks,

Luciano Coelho
Sun Certified Programmer for Java2
e-Sec Data Security Technology

Quote:

> A possible [better] solution would be to use the history or store the URL
> you came from in a variable, and hard-wire it into the script as a function
> to reload that page. "Refreshes" in my experience have been very flaky when
> trying to accomodate different breeds of browsers.

> You could be confusing "location" property with the "href" property
> depending on what you're trying to do.

> > I have the following code that works very well on Netscape but fail on
> > IE.
> >   <INPUT TYPE="BUTTON" NAME="B"
> > onCLick="javascript:top.texto.location.reload()" VALUE="teste">

> > I'm using this code to request the browser to reload the content of the
> > frame "texto". Can anyone help me??

> > thanks,

> > Luciano Coelho
> > Sun Certified Programmer for Java2
> > e-Sec Data Security Technology

Sun, 26 May 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Reload a frame
Hi

Will this not work.......

<input type="button" onclick="parent.FRAMENAME.document.location.reload()">

--
Best Regards
   Vidar Petursson

-

Quote:
>     I think that I don't explain very well what I want to do.

>     Well, I have a window split into two panels. The one contais a form
(Frame
> X, that works as a filter) and the other (Frame Y) contains the result of
> query made with the form of the first frame(X).

>     In the result frame I have a set of links that selected open a new
window.
> What I want is when a special action occur within the new window, I
request the
> browser to reload the frame Y's content.

> For that I used the command:

> <INPUT TYPE="BUTTON" NAME="B" onCLick="javascript:top.Y.location.reload()"
> VALUE="teste">

> I was more clear that time?

> Thanks,

> Luciano Coelho
> Sun Certified Programmer for Java2
> e-Sec Data Security Technology

> > A possible [better] solution would be to use the history or store the
URL
> > you came from in a variable, and hard-wire it into the script as a
function
> > to reload that page. "Refreshes" in my experience have been very flaky
when
> > trying to accomodate different breeds of browsers.

> > You could be confusing "location" property with the "href" property
> > depending on what you're trying to do.

> > > I have the following code that works very well on Netscape but fail on
> > > IE.
> > >   <INPUT TYPE="BUTTON" NAME="B"
> > > onCLick="javascript:top.texto.location.reload()" VALUE="teste">

> > > I'm using this code to request the browser to reload the content of
the
> > > frame "texto". Can anyone help me??

> > > thanks,

> > > Luciano Coelho
> > > Sun Certified Programmer for Java2
> > > e-Sec Data Security Technology

Sun, 26 May 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Newbie script question : reload a frame from another frame

2. Reload a frame

3. reloading 2 frames from 1 hyperlink?

4. Newbie question : reload a frame

5. Reloading a Frame

6. can i reload one frame from an other one???

7. How to reload frame from another frame

8. Reload frame

9. reloading frame from a popup window

10. How to reload or refresh a frame from VBScript

11. Force a reload of a frame in VBScript

12. Reloading vs. Redirecting in Frames