Is this possible with a select??
Author Message
 Is this possible with a select??

Hi,

Is it possible to:

Specify a certain width to a select (i.e. listbox), and
when an item becomes wider than the width of select,
insted of the item being cut off from view, a horizontal
scrollbar will appear. In other words, can a select have a
horizontal scrolling capability when an item becomes wider
than its width?

Thanks in advance.

Wed, 25 Aug 2004 00:34:04 GMT
 Is this possible with a select??
If you write your own select element then sure.

Jason

Quote:
> Hi,

> Is it possible to:

> Specify a certain width to a select (i.e. listbox), and
> when an item becomes wider than the width of select,
> insted of the item being cut off from view, a horizontal
> scrollbar will appear. In other words, can a select have a
> horizontal scrolling capability when an item becomes wider
> than its width?

> Thanks in advance.

Wed, 25 Aug 2004 00:42:57 GMT
 Is this possible with a select??
No.

Quote:
> Hi,

> Is it possible to:

> Specify a certain width to a select (i.e. listbox), and
> when an item becomes wider than the width of select,
> insted of the item being cut off from view, a horizontal
> scrollbar will appear. In other words, can a select have a
> horizontal scrolling capability when an item becomes wider
> than its width?

> Thanks in advance.

Wed, 25 Aug 2004 00:57:32 GMT
 Is this possible with a select??

| If you write your own select element then sure.

I tried a similar solution to a similar problem a few months ago.

http://felin.com.br/atelier/selector.html

:: "Ekevu Guepardo" ::
:: Acinonyx jubatus ::
:: Porto Alegre, BR ::

Wed, 25 Aug 2004 11:46:32 GMT

1. "select...case", multiples cases not possible ?

2. Possible Possible ASP Scripting Enhancements: compilation, queuing, resident programs

3. vb Select * from tableA?How to select record from 1000 to 2500

4. Programatically setting the SELECTED OPTION of a SELECT

5. Setting the selected option of a select box in code

6. selecting from a select-list as in word 2000

7. Suppressing IE selecting option by letter on SELECT dropdowns

8. Select all items in a multi-select box

9. changing select options based on previously selected options

10. how to select all in select?

11. Selecting the Selected Item

12. How to simulate selecting an item in a select element