IFRAME parent????
Author Message
 IFRAME parent????

 Hi!
I've got a document with an iframe inside. Is it possible to change the
scrolling property from the document showed in the iframe??
With "standard" frames I'd written something like parent.myframe but it
doesn't work for my iframe.

Thanks in advance
Roland Carlsson
--
Roland Carlsson
Certified Java programmer

Sent via Deja.com http://www.*-*-*.com/
Before you buy.

Tue, 04 Feb 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 IFRAME parent????
This is not hard, but looking for my code, I don't have it here.  Something
like:
    window.parent
or
    window.parentWindow

The parent is a property of the window.  In JavaScript, you can assign the
parent to a variable, and then even call functions in the script in the
parent window directly:

    var feep = window.parent;
    feep.doStuff();

I have the APPLICATION="YES" setting in the IFRAME setup, also.  I forget if
that is necessary. Sorry about the amnesia,Alzheimer's syndrome, but hope it
helps anyway.

Quote:

> Hi!
> I've got a document with an iframe inside. Is it possible to change the
> scrolling property from the document showed in the iframe??
> With "standard" frames I'd written something like parent.myframe but it
> doesn't work for my iframe.

> Thanks in advance
> Roland Carlsson
> --
> Roland Carlsson
> Certified Java programmer
> Sk?vde
> Sweden

> Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> Before you buy.

Tue, 04 Feb 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 IFRAME parent????

No. The scrollbar feature is set on open, not after.

window.open('','','scrollbars=no');

--

Mark L. Ferguson    Reply Only in Newsgroup
marfer's notes for OE 5.0 > http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Bay/6386/IE_ng_notes.htm

Quote:

> Hi!
> I've got a document with an iframe inside. Is it possible to change the
> scrolling property from the document showed in the iframe??
> With "standard" frames I'd written something like parent.myframe but it
> doesn't work for my iframe.

> Thanks in advance
> Roland Carlsson
> --
> Roland Carlsson
> Certified Java programmer
> Sk?vde
> Sweden

> Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> Before you buy.

Tue, 04 Feb 2003 03:00:00 GMT

1. iframe and parent of its parent

2. parent's parent in an IFRAME

3. passing info to parent window with IFRAME

4. How to call a function in iFrame from parent page

5. Access to Parent DOM from within an iFrame

6. Error accessing parent functions/vars from IFRAME

7. Calling script from an IFrame to the parent frame

8. Post a form from one IFrame to another IFrame

9. IFRAME content hangs around on refresh but script in IFRAME is not available

10. Copy the content of and Iframe to anothe iframe

11. IFrame within an IFrame (JSRS)

12. Reload Parent Window