focus question
Author Message
 focus question

I'm developing a web-based help system for an application that runs in kiosk
mode, and I need to keep the help window (which contains frames) always on
top, so that it doesn't "disppear" behind the kiosk window.  Normally, I
could do something like this:

<BODY  onBlur="self.focus()">

but because the help window is a frameset, there's no body tag for me to
attach the event to.  I've tried attaching it to the frameset tags, but
without any luck.

How can I keep a frameset always on top?

Sat, 28 Aug 2004 03:38:13 GMT
 focus question
Asked and answered in ...inetexplorer.scripting

--
Michael Harris
Microsoft.MVP.Scripting

> I'm developing a web-based help system for an application that runs in kiosk
> mode, and I need to keep the help window (which contains frames) always on
> top, so that it doesn't "disppear" behind the kiosk window.  Normally, I
> could do something like this:

> <BODY  onBlur="self.focus()">

> but because the help window is a frameset, there's no body tag for me to
> attach the event to.  I've tried attaching it to the frameset tags, but
> without any luck.

> How can I keep a frameset always on top?

Sat, 28 Aug 2004 04:09:27 GMT
 focus question
The issue wasn't resolved.  Anyone else have any suggestions?

Thanks

Asked and answered in ...inetexplorer.scripting

--
Michael Harris
Microsoft.MVP.Scripting
Seattle WA US

> I'm developing a web-based help system for an application that runs in
kiosk
> mode, and I need to keep the help window (which contains frames) always on
> top, so that it doesn't "disppear" behind the kiosk window.  Normally, I
> could do something like this:

> <BODY  onBlur="self.focus()">

> but because the help window is a frameset, there's no body tag for me to
> attach the event to.  I've tried attaching it to the frameset tags, but
> without any luck.

> How can I keep a frameset always on top?

Sat, 28 Aug 2004 04:23:40 GMT
 focus question

| The issue wasn't resolved.  Anyone else have any suggestions?

I don't know, maybe something like that on your frameset HTML file?

window.onblur = function() { self.focus(); };

:: "Ekevu Guepardo" ::
:: Acinonyx jubatus ::
:: Porto Alegre, BR ::

Sat, 28 Aug 2004 09:24:01 GMT

1. Focus Question

2. Focus question

3. focus question

4. A quick stupid question... on Lost Focus

5. Question about focus / tabbing

6. ooops! Focus wont Focus Again

7. Focus Will Not Focus

8. Setting focus to another frame keeps returning focus to the calling routine

9. setting focus and getting focus on menu item

10. getting focus back to the same text box

11. focus on a text box

12. tab focus