Need Help, How to open a PDF file in a new window
Author Message
 Need Help, How to open a PDF file in a new window

Hello,
To whom ever can help, Thanks. I am using jscript or VBScript , it doesn't
matter at this point in IE5. I need to, upon click of a button open a new
browser window, then in that window open/display a pdf  using the adobe
plugin. The pdf file is stored on the server which is W2K advanced Server. I
know how to open a window, just need to know how to pull a PDF into it with
the plugin.
Thankyou ,Thankyou, Thankyou.

Fri, 16 May 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 Need Help, How to open a PDF file in a new window
Greg,

If you specify a plain HTML link to this PDF file, this file will
be loaded and displayed when the user clicks it.
Within this link you can specify a target for the link to
display in: <A HREF="mydocument.pdf" TARGET="_blank">read file</A>

The user needs to have Acrobat installed, then it will start
automatically to handle the incoming pdf file.

Hans Kesting

Quote:
> Hello,
> To whom ever can help, Thanks. I am using jscript or vbscript , it doesn't
> matter at this point in IE5. I need to, upon click of a button open a new
> browser window, then in that window open/display a pdf  using the adobe
> plugin. The pdf file is stored on the server which is W2K advanced Server.
> know how to open a window, just need to know how to pull a PDF into it
with
> the plugin.
> Thankyou ,Thankyou, Thankyou.

Sat, 17 May 2003 03:00:00 GMT

1. how do I open the current window again without opening a new window

2. Need to Open New Window

3. Need to Open New Window

4. Saving open file and opening new file at a specified time of day

5. Opening a New Window and then Closing the Parent HELP

6. Open new browser window??? HELP

7. open a new window in new position

8. open a new window with a new session ID

9. Need help with window.open.

10. Window should open in new window

11. How to open PDF file, please help.

12. Urgent-Open a new window and then access data in the original window