connecting to DSN
Author Message
 connecting to DSN

Hi everybody,

I am trying to access data from my web page to a database
in SQL Server 2000 by using ADO. When I created the
Connection object and try to open it, I will get a msg
that say unauthorized user to sql server. If I use the
same connection string in VB apps, it will work just fine.
I need some suggestions please,

Thank you,

Tam

Mon, 28 Jun 2004 05:50:49 GMT
 connecting to DSN
Tam,

Have you checked that the site your page lives in requires NT
authentication? I'm only guessing here but if the DSN expects to connect to
the database using NT credentials and the site allows anonymous access
rather than NT authentication, I would imagine that the request would be
rejected. VB apps, on the other hand, are client-based and would be able to
authenticate regardless.

Tony.

Quote:
> Hi everybody,

> I am trying to access data from my web page to a database
> in SQL Server 2000 by using ADO. When I created the
> Connection object and try to open it, I will get a msg
> that say unauthorized user to sql server. If I use the
> same connection string in VB apps, it will work just fine.
> I need some suggestions please,

> Thank you,

> Tam

Mon, 28 Jun 2004 23:25:56 GMT

1. ASP connecting to an Access database w/o a DSN

2. Connecting to a Data Source Using ADO and a File DSN

3. DSN System or DSN File ?

4. How to connect to Visual FoxPro 5.0 DSN (ODBC) using VBScript in ASP file ?

5. How to connect to Visual FoxPro DSN (ODBC) using VBScript in ASP file ?

6. DSN connection example please

7. how to create odbc dsn for SQL Server7

8. DSN-Less with ASP/Jscript

9. global.asa and DSN!

10. DSN???

11. Non DSN dbconnection