"Access denied" error when accessing "location.search" with IE6
Author Message
 "Access denied" error when accessing "location.search" with IE6

Hello,

I'm using Internet Explorer 6 on Windows 2000.
I try to access to a page on an intranet site using the IP address of
the server :
http://IPaddress:port/test.html.

In the html page "test.html", I attempt to read the 'search' property
of the 'location' object :

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 3.2 FINAL//EN">
<HTML>
<HEAD>
<META HTTP-EQUIV="Content-Type" CONTENT="text/html;
charset=ISO-8859-1">
<SCRIPT SRC="myscript.js"></SCRIPT>
<SCRIPT SRC="myscript2.js"></SCRIPT>
<SCRIPT>
function readtopic() {
var sTopicUrl = location.search.substring(1);

Quote:
}

</SCRIPT>
</HEAD>
<BODY onload="readtopic()"></BODY>
</HTML>

But when I access to the page, I have an "access denied" error when
reading "location.search".
And if I use the server name instead of the IP address
(http://servername:port/test.html), it works correctly.
Why it doesn't work with the IP address?
I notice also it works with Internet Explorer 5.5 on windows 2000 Sp3.

Anyone can help me?
Thanks.
Fabien.

Tue, 20 Sep 2005 23:34:20 GMT

1. "Access denied" when accessing script object

2. "Access is denied" Error

3. "Access is denied" error

4. "Access is denied" error

5. "Access denied" on document.LastModified Object

6. "Access denied" - urgent

7. "access denied" on cross domain scripting

8. ASP ADSI "GENERAL ACCESS DENIED"???

9. "Access is denied" with frames

10. "access denied"

11. "Access is denied" with frames