reload
Author Message
 reload

Hello I have a problem with a button to reload a page .
I have 4 frames but if i push the button 3 frames must reload, not the
fourth one
Is that possible?

Yours Truly
Ferry Lagarde

Mon, 21 Jul 2003 16:40:48 GMT
 reload
Assuming that the frames are named frame1,frame2,frame3 and frame4 and you
want the first three to reload, you could do something like this.

<INPUT type='button' onclick='reloadFrames()' value='Reload Frames'>

function reloadFrames()
{
        top.frames.frames1.location.reload();
        top.frames.frames2.location.reload();
        top.frames.frames3.location.reload();

Quote:
}

: Hello I have a problem with a button to reload a page .
: I have 4 frames but if i push the button 3 frames must reload, not the
: fourth one
: Is that possible?
:
: Yours Truly
: Ferry Lagarde
:
:

Mon, 21 Jul 2003 21:51:00 GMT
 reload
If I try this code in the browser the following message appears:
"unvalid character"

Quote:
> Assuming that the frames are named frame1,frame2,frame3 and frame4 and you
> want the first three to reload, you could do something like this.

> <INPUT type='button' onclick='reloadFrames()' value='Reload Frames'>

> function reloadFrames()
> {
>         top.frames.frames1.location.reload();
>         top.frames.frames2.location.reload();
>         top.frames.frames3.location.reload();
> }

> : Hello I have a problem with a button to reload a page .
> : I have 4 frames but if i push the button 3 frames must reload, not the
> : fourth one
> : Is that possible?
> :
> : Yours Truly
> : Ferry Lagarde
> :
> :

Mon, 21 Jul 2003 22:30:21 GMT
 reload
If you literally tried the code I posted, then the problem is that the names
that I suggested for the frames differ from the names that I used in the
code. I used frames1 instead of frame1, etc. within the function.

: If I try this code in the browser the following message appears:
: "unvalid character"
:

: > Assuming that the frames are named frame1,frame2,frame3 and frame4 and
you
: > want the first three to reload, you could do something like this.
: >
: > <INPUT type='button' onclick='reloadFrames()' value='Reload Frames'>
: >
: > function reloadFrames()
: > {
: >         top.frames.frames1.location.reload();
: >         top.frames.frames2.location.reload();
: >         top.frames.frames3.location.reload();
: > }
: >

: > : Hello I have a problem with a button to reload a page .
: > : I have 4 frames but if i push the button 3 frames must reload, not the
: > : fourth one
: > : Is that possible?
: > :
: > : Yours Truly
: > : Ferry Lagarde
: > :
: > :
: >
: >
:
:

Tue, 22 Jul 2003 01:47:01 GMT

1. How do you tell document.location.reload() to only reload once?

2. ShowModeless Dialog , reload?

3. reloading...

4. Reload Parent Window

5. frameset reload on another window

6. Reload equiv??

7. Need Help - Disable Reload/Refresh Button?

8. Reloading/Hiding IFRAMES...

9. reloading IFRAME from popup

10. Newbie script question : reload a frame from another frame

11. Reload page on "back"

12. why parent window reloads on window.open() ?