Right click dialog
Author Message
 Right click dialog
Hello again,
    I know it is possible to disallow access to the right click dialog (save
image, refresh, etc) by trapping a right click and poping an alert() box. I
would like to trip the right mouse event and popup a menu of my own (i have
the JS code to handle the menu) the question: is it possible to prevent the
standard IE popup window from appearing? Thanks you for any help you can
provide!

MH

Sun, 22 Jun 2003 02:25:14 GMT
 Right click dialog
take a look at Martin's FAQ:
http://www.faqts.com/knowledge-base/view.phtml/aid/992/fid/145/lang/en

Quote:
> Hello again,
>     I know it is possible to disallow access to the right click dialog
(save
> image, refresh, etc) by trapping a right click and poping an alert() box.
> would like to trip the right mouse event and popup a menu of my own (i
have
> the JS code to handle the menu) the question: is it possible to prevent
the
> standard IE popup window from appearing? Thanks you for any help you can
> provide!

> MH

Sun, 22 Jun 2003 03:11:14 GMT
 Right click dialog
use the "window.oncontextmenu" event and cancel it

Steve P

Quote:
> Hello again,
>     I know it is possible to disallow access to the right click dialog
(save
> image, refresh, etc) by trapping a right click and poping an alert() box.
> would like to trip the right mouse event and popup a menu of my own (i
have
> the JS code to handle the menu) the question: is it possible to prevent
the
> standard IE popup window from appearing? Thanks you for any help you can
> provide!

> MH

Tue, 24 Jun 2003 04:58:36 GMT
 Right click dialog
Thanks guys! Works perfectly!

MH

Quote:
> use the "window.oncontextmenu" event and cancel it

> Steve P

> > Hello again,
> >     I know it is possible to disallow access to the right click dialog
> (save
> > image, refresh, etc) by trapping a right click and poping an alert()
box.
> > would like to trip the right mouse event and popup a menu of my own (i
> have
> > the JS code to handle the menu) the question: is it possible to prevent
> the
> > standard IE popup window from appearing? Thanks you for any help you can
> > provide!

> > MH

Tue, 24 Jun 2003 05:06:19 GMT

1. Modal Dialog and right-click

2. Cancelling a Right Mouse Button Click

3. disable mouse right-click

4. right and double click events on images

5. Disable right click

6. Right Click - Add to default menu

7. Mouse Right Click Event

8. Right Click function