JScript runtime error: Automation server can't create object
Author Message
 JScript runtime error: Automation server can't create object

If you skipped IE4 (or never installed the Desktop Update option), you won't have the correct version of shell32.dll (must be 4.71 or higher)...

--
Michael Harris
MVP - Windows Script

I receive this error when I execute the BrowseForFolder script, written
by Eric Mauger.

The offending line is:
  var WSHShellApp = new ActiveXObject("Shell.Application");

Where is Shell.Application resolved from? Do I have an old set of DLLs?
I am running NT 4.0 with Service pack 5.
I have installed IE5.0

TIA

Mon, 05 Aug 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Automation server can't create object - Microsoft JScript runtime (0x800A01AD)

2. jscript runtime error: automation server cannot create object

3. Jscript error: Automation Server can't create object

4. Automation Server Can't Create Object / JScript

5. Error: Automation Server can't create object

6. Error: Automation server can't create object

7. Automation server can't create object?

8. Automation Server Can't Create Object

9. Automation server can't create object and Scripting.FileSystemObject

10. Automation server can't create object

11. IE3.02: Automation Server can't create object

12. Help....Automation Server Can't Create Object