How to query the frameset
Author Message
 How to query the frameset

Ok, here is my problem:

I have a frameset 'loggedIn' with two frames 'banner' and 'main'. Both
contain links that target into themselves. If the user's session has
expired then I wish to send them back to another frameset, 'loggedOut'.

The pages in 'banner' and 'main' will know if the session is expired,
but if the 'main' page is expired, 'banner' will NOT know. Thus, if the
user clicks in 'banner' when his has session expired I need a way
for 'banner' to ask "what frameset am I in?" and refresh the frameset
if the answer is 'loggedIn'.

I tried querying "parent.location.href" but got the error "Permission
Denied" and had the same error when I inserted an <object id="myobject"
value="loggedin"> into the frameset <head> and then
queried "parent.myobject.value".

Is there anyway to allow the frames to query the frameset or is there
another way of doing this?

Cheers,

--Sam.

Sent via Deja.com
http://www.*-*-*.com/

Wed, 23 Jul 2003 06:01:11 GMT

1. query on a query

2. SELECT queries - Use Access query or not?

3. Save Changes to .rtf file in a frameset

4. use FRAMESET

5. Does CSS work on FRAMESET?

6. DOM frameset reference/navigation?

7. frameset reload on another window

8. Redirecting to a new frameset

9. Question about reseting the contect of a frameset

10. Get code to run when frameset loads

11. Different framesets for different browsers/OSs

12. Force Frameset when Content Page Viewed