Windows Shutdown
Author Message
 Windows Shutdown

Is there a way when the user shuts down their computer it run a daily backup
to the server. When in the registry could I set it to run the program first
then the program would shutdown the system when finished.
The other problem, would be I need to shutdown outlook be for the backup
ran.

Thanks in advance,
Mark Blaskie

Tue, 23 Jul 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Windows Shutdown

There's no built-in mechanism in Windows to implement the equivalent of a "Shutdown Folder" (like the reverse of the "Startup Folder").  There are 3rd party shareware/freeware tools that let you do this.

But starting a long running process like a backup when Windows starts a shutdown is likely (IMO) to cause some problems, if nothing else than to effectively cancel the shutdown.

--
Michael Harris

  Is there a way when the user shuts down their computer it run a daily backup
  to the server. When in the registry could I set it to run the program first
  then the program would shutdown the system when finished.
  The other problem, would be I need to shutdown outlook be for the backup
  ran.

  Thanks in advance,
  Mark Blaskie

Tue, 23 Jul 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. How to shutdown windows from a web page

2. Shutdown windows using vbscript

3. Shutdown and restart windows

4. Script to Shutdown or LogOff Windows XP

5. Shutdown and Restart Windows 95 and NT for VB Script

6. How to shutdown windows from a web page

7. Windows 2000 shutdown script ?

8. Windows 2000 Automated Shutdown

9. Windows 2000 Pro - Shutdown/Restart PC

10. Windows Scripting Host Shutdown Detection

11. windows defrag before shutdown

12. Shutdown windows