Accessing calendar from offline folder (MAPI, CDO, outlook object model..?????)
Author Message
 Accessing calendar from offline folder (MAPI, CDO, outlook object model..?????)

Hello,

I have a need to launch a new calendar item, pass some information to it,
let the user enter rest of it and trap when user close it (save it or
discard it) all from a web page.
I also wants to search through the scheduler of other attend to find a
suitable slot for scheduling an appointment (all offline).

What are my options?
Developing a COM addin?
can I use MAPI or CDO offline?
using outlook object model?

Any help will be greatly appreciated!!!

Thanks
Anil

Wed, 23 Jul 2003 06:14:44 GMT
 Accessing calendar from offline folder (MAPI, CDO, outlook object model..?????)
The outlook object model wil do everthing you need.

1:  Create the new item
2:  Set it to a calendar item
3.  Populate the fields you want
4.  Display it to the user
5.  Trap the event when it's closed

-TH

Quote:
> Hello,

> I have a need to launch a new calendar item, pass some information to it,
> let the user enter rest of it and trap when user close it (save it or
> discard it) all from a web page.
> I also wants to search through the scheduler of other attend to find a
> suitable slot for scheduling an appointment (all offline).

> What are my options?
> Developing a COM addin?
> can I use MAPI or CDO offline?
> using outlook object model?

> Any help will be greatly appreciated!!!

> Thanks
> Anil

Thu, 24 Jul 2003 11:01:13 GMT
 Accessing calendar from offline folder (MAPI, CDO, outlook object model..?????)
but I do not get any events in Visual Basic
eventhough I declare variables withevents

Anil

Quote:

>The outlook object model wil do everthing you need.

>1:  Create the new item
>2:  Set it to a calendar item
>3.  Populate the fields you want
>4.  Display it to the user
>5.  Trap the event when it's closed

>-TH

>> Hello,

>> I have a need to launch a new calendar item, pass some information to it,
>> let the user enter rest of it and trap when user close it (save it or
>> discard it) all from a web page.
>> I also wants to search through the scheduler of other attend to find a
>> suitable slot for scheduling an appointment (all offline).

>> What are my options?
>> Developing a COM addin?
>> can I use MAPI or CDO offline?
>> using outlook object model?

>> Any help will be greatly appreciated!!!

>> Thanks
>> Anil

Sat, 26 Jul 2003 03:12:28 GMT

1. Accessing calendar from offline folder (MAPI, CDO, outlook object model..?????)

2. Getting the SMTP Email address using CDO/MAPI/Outlook

3. online/offline folder property in outlook

4. MAPI object model

5. error to creat a CDO MAPI.Session object

6. error accessing custom form/folder offline

7. setting offline folder access in exchange with vbscript

8. Access Outlook 9* calendar informations

9. Access Outlook Calendar and write HMTL page

10. Access Outlook 9* calendar informations

11. Outlook Calendar --> Access Database

12. access to messages in a public folder with cdo and asp