Using 'Word = WScript.CreateObject("Word.Application");'
Author Message
 Using 'Word = WScript.CreateObject("Word.Application");'

Where can I look up information on Word.Application stuff?
I need info on the parameters for
Word.Documents.Open(fromFile, false, true, false, "", "", true, "", "",
fromFormat);

mostly the fromFormat.  I don't know the number value for HTML, and I
can't find anywhere to find out.  Microsoft's page doesn't say
anything.  Help please

Sent via Deja.com http://www.*-*-*.com/
Before you buy.

Sat, 24 May 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 Using 'Word = WScript.CreateObject("Word.Application");'

Quote:

> Where can I look up information on Word.Application stuff?
> I need info on the parameters for
> Word.Documents.Open(fromFile, false, true, false, "", "", true, "", "",
> fromFormat);

> mostly the fromFormat.  I don't know the number value for HTML, and I
> can't find anywhere to find out.  Microsoft's page doesn't say
> anything.  Help please

I use Word's VBA Object Viewer.  Use the Help to determine the name of
the Word constant for the format you need and then do a search with the
object viewer to find the definition (literal value) of the named
constant.

It would appear from a quick search, that you want the
wdOpenFormatWebPages constant which has a literal value of 7.  At least
that's as close as I could get to an HTML specification in reviewing the
Documents.Open method's documentation in Word 2000.

Tom Lavedas
-----------
http://www.pressroom.com/~tglbatch/

Sun, 25 May 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 Using 'Word = WScript.CreateObject("Word.Application");'
Yeah thanks, looking at the help said default is blank.  And using
default it worked.  I'll try 7 also
thanks

Quote:

> > Where can I look up information on Word.Application stuff?
> > I need info on the parameters for
> > Word.Documents.Open(fromFile, false, true, false, "", "",
true, "", "",
> > fromFormat);

> > mostly the fromFormat.  I don't know the number value for HTML, and
> > can't find anywhere to find out.  Microsoft's page doesn't say
> > anything.  Help please

> I use Word's VBA Object Viewer.  Use the Help to determine the name of
> the Word constant for the format you need and then do a search with
the
> object viewer to find the definition (literal value) of the named
> constant.

> It would appear from a quick search, that you want the
> wdOpenFormatWebPages constant which has a literal value of 7.  At
least
> that's as close as I could get to an HTML specification in reviewing
the
> Documents.Open method's documentation in Word 2000.

> Tom Lavedas
> -----------
> http://www.pressroom.com/~tglbatch/

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Sun, 25 May 2003 03:00:00 GMT

1. CreateObject("word.Application") Question

2. CreateObject("Word.Application") Error

3. CreateObject("word.application")

4. VBScript can not CreateObject("Word.Application")

5. CreateObject ("Word.Application")

6. CreateObject("Word.Application")

7. can't CreateObject("Wscript.Shell")

8. CreateObjec("Word.Application")

9. GetObject(, "Word.Application")

10. Set WSHShell = WScript.CreateObject("WScript.Shell")

11. Using WSH w/ 'CreatObject("Word.Application")

12. Using RegWrite with "\"'s in Value names