ASCII Character Code Reference Chart
Author Message
 ASCII Character Code Reference Chart

Does anyone know where I can find a reference chart that will list the
character code for items such as F1,F2 etc and shift and enter and alt etc?
I was told that Enter is 13  and using that I have success capturing Enter
with onkeypress=13 - I want to capture Fkeys too.
I found a list in MSDN that only lists the regular keys on the keyboard.
1,2,3 a,b,c and special characters, but not function keys.
Can these be captured with Jscript?
Thanks!

Fri, 16 Aug 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 ASCII Character Code Reference Chart

The shift, control, and alt keys can be read using the event object boolean properties altKey, ctrlKey, and shiftKey. onkeypress cannot capture Fn keys, at least according to the docs.
http://msdn.microsoft.com/workshop/author/dhtml/reference/events/onke...
However, onkeyup and onkeydown can capture a wider range of keys.
http://msdn.microsoft.com/workshop/author/dhtml/reference/events/onke...
http://msdn.microsoft.com/workshop/author/dhtml/reference/events/onke...
As for finding the code for a key, try
<HTML>
<BODY onkeydown="alert(event.keyCode);event.returnValue=false;">
or here
http://msdn.microsoft.com/isapi/msdnlib.idc?theURL=/library/devprods/...

Eric K.

  Does anyone know where I can find a reference chart that will list the
  character code for items such as F1,F2 etc and shift and enter and alt etc?
  I was told that Enter is 13  and using that I have success capturing Enter
  with onkeypress=13 - I want to capture Fkeys too.
  I found a list in MSDN that only lists the regular keys on the keyboard.
  1,2,3 a,b,c and special characters, but not function keys.
  Can these be captured with Jscript?
  Thanks!

Fri, 16 Aug 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 ASCII Character Code Reference Chart

Attached is a txt file of all of the VB keycode named constants with their decimal equivalents...

(Sorry about the ugly layout - it was just a quick copy/paste from the VB help file)

--
Michael Harris
MVP - Windows Script

[...]

  vbKeyCode.txt
2K Download

Fri, 16 Aug 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 ASCII Character Code Reference Chart
http://stat.tamu.edu/doc/SunSPRO/fortran/f77rm/A_ascii.doc.html

http://www.gar.no/glinkj/help/cmds/vipa.htm

Sun, 01 Sep 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. special characters and ASCII code

2. Extracting ASCII code from Characters

3. Ascii Coded Characters in JavaScripts and QueryStrings

4. command in ASP/VBscript to convert date and time into a Hex code, ASCII code

5. command in ASP/VBscript to convert date and time into a Hex code, ASCII code

6. Specific Code to Create Pie Charts with MSChart

7. ASCII value od extended characters same from DOS

8. ibm extended ascii characters/ line graphics

9. Finding the ascii-values of a character

10. conversion problem from character to ASCII

11. RegExp ignores ASCII characters btwn 130 and 159

12. Non-Printable ASCII Characters