HOWTO: Download Access DB With OCX That Manages That DB
Author Message
 HOWTO: Download Access DB With OCX That Manages That DB

I've got web page code to download an OCX to the client that can do
inserts/updates/deletes on an Access2000 database residing on the client.
Using script on the page, I just create an instance of my OCX object and
then call the methods, passing the db path, sql string, etc.

How can I get that Access2000 database downloaded to the client seamlessly,
ideally when the web page is referenced?

--
Thank you,

Dan Sikorsky MSCS, BSCE, BAB

Sun, 29 Aug 2004 23:36:40 GMT
 HOWTO: Download Access DB With OCX That Manages That DB
Why consider download the .mdb to client side, install OCX on client side
and then operate locally? Why not access database on the server and just
return results to client side without needs to download .mdb, install OCX
and so on? The later should be a more reasonable way.

Hope it helps.

Regards,
Robin

This posting is provided AS IS, with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Tue, 31 Aug 2004 13:56:53 GMT

1. HOWTO: Download Access DB With OCX That Manages That DB

2. alert and managing of updates/insert inside a db using asp

3. Add info to DB without DB wizard

4. Looking for an ActiveX Control to access a local Access db

5. HELP on accessing Access DB in VB scripts !!

6. Can VBScript under WinScriptHost connect to Access db without Access being installed on the workstation

7. Please post a sample for accessing MS Access 2000 db

8. Can VBScript under WinScriptHost connect to Access db without Access being installed on the workstation

9. NEWBIE - how do I write to an access db from an *.asp form

10. edit access db from a vbscript

11. Tricks with Access db

12. duplicate records inserted into access DB