.JS Files - Problem with linking HTML documents (Path)
Author Message
 .JS Files - Problem with linking HTML documents (Path)

Hello there, I am learning Windows Scriptin at the moment and have got some
sample .js files, and I need a little bit of help please. I need to know how
to enter a path of a file in a .js file, ie, I want to create a link in my
file to a HTML doc in a web project, and I entered the path specified in the
help section, but it's not working. Can someone please help me in this.

Your help would be really appreciated.
Thank you
Sanjay

Thu, 06 Feb 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 .JS Files - Problem with linking HTML documents (Path)
I'm not quite sure what you mean, but if you're just trying to point to
another location, you can always use the relative path constructs
(../ , /, etc) to build a path, and of course you can hard-code the
path.  If you intend to redirect to your page or something of that
nature in JS, the same structures still apply for building the path to
the desired page.

Quote:
> Hello there, I am learning Windows Scriptin at the moment and have
got some
> sample .js files, and I need a little bit of help please. I need to
know how
> to enter a path of a file in a .js file, ie, I want to create a link
in my
> file to a HTML doc in a web project, and I entered the path specified
in the
> help section, but it's not working. Can someone please help me in
this.

> Your help would be really appreciated.
> Thank you
> Sanjay

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Fri, 07 Feb 2003 03:00:00 GMT

1. I have a problem with linking a vbscript to a HTML document

2. use JS on desktop - not HTML document

3. How to use WSH object in js file called from Html file

4. document.Links[] problem

5. document.write and external js-files

6. calling document.write from external .js file

7. Include JS file from JS file

8. including js file inside an js file

9. js : extract TITLE string from an HTML file openned with OpenAsTextStream

10. Creating HTML links to pages of a .pdf file

11. Starting a VBS script file from an HTML document

12. Display a text file in a html document.