Access to Parent DOM from within an iFrame
Author Message
 Access to Parent DOM from within an iFrame

use "parent". So, if the main page has a table, for example, with an id of
"myTable" you can access it from the iframe by:

parent.document.all.myTable

you can also call jscripts.

parent.someScript();

This works in ie, not sure about Navigator

Cheers
Steve

Quote:
> Hi, I have an IFrame within a page.  I want to be able to
> access the parent DOM from the page in the IFrame.  Does
> anybody know if this is possible, and if so, how it's done?

> Thanks,

> Martin

Mon, 16 May 2005 07:48:20 GMT

1. How to access iFrame via DOm structure in fllowing DHTML code

2. Error accessing parent functions/vars from IFRAME

3. iframe and parent of its parent

4. parent's parent in an IFRAME

5. IFrame within an IFrame (JSRS)

6. how to get DOM of iframe

7. IFRAME parent????

8. passing info to parent window with IFRAME

9. How to call a function in iFrame from parent page

10. Calling script from an IFrame to the parent frame

11. Accessing a IFRAME from within this IFRAME but on a different server??

12. Accessing MS Access application properties within VBScript