Help -- MSComDlg.CommonDialog
Author Message
 Help -- MSComDlg.CommonDialog

When I tried to do this setting MaxFileSize seemed to be required ...

--------
 cd = new ActiveXObject("MSComDlg.CommonDialog");
 cd.DialogTitle = "Commissions Document Templates";
 cd.MaxFileSize = 256;
 cd.DefaultExt = ".doc";
 cd.Filter = "Document Templates (*.dot)|*.dot";
 cd.FilterIndex = 1;
 cd.Flags = 6148;
 cd.InitDir = wordTemplates;
 cd.ShowOpen();

----------

--
Mike Tissington, MCSD, MCDBA
Shimmering Water

Quote:
> Is that possible to launch the dialogbox from ASP?  I try the following
code

>  fobj = new ActiveXObject("MSComDlg.CommonDialog");
>  fobj.InitDir = "c:\\";
>  fobj.Filter = "*.*";
> try {
>   fobj.ShowOpen();
>  }
>  catch(e) {
>   alert(e.description);
>  }

> and got error message saying "The common dialog function failed during
> initialization.  This
> error often occurs when insufficient memory is available." from the
machine
> which runs on 512MB.

> YH

Wed, 15 Oct 2003 02:56:41 GMT
 Help -- MSComDlg.CommonDialog
Is that possible to launch the dialogbox from ASP?  I try the following code

 fobj = new ActiveXObject("MSComDlg.CommonDialog");
 fobj.InitDir = "c:\\";
 fobj.Filter = "*.*";
try {
  fobj.ShowOpen();
 }
 catch(e) {
  alert(e.description);
 }

and got error message saying "The common dialog function failed during
initialization.  This
error often occurs when insufficient memory is available." from the machine
which runs on 512MB.

YH

Wed, 15 Oct 2003 02:40:08 GMT
 Help -- MSComDlg.CommonDialog
 fobj = new ActiveXObject("MSComDlg.CommonDialog");
 fobj.InitDir = "c:\\";
 fobj.Filter = "*.*";
 fobj.MaxFileSize = 256; // this is *supposed* to already be the default !!!
try {
  fobj.ShowOpen();
 }
 catch(e) {
  alert(e.description);
 }

--
Michael Harris
Microsoft.MVP.Scripting

> Is that possible to launch the dialogbox from ASP?  I try the following code

>  fobj = new ActiveXObject("MSComDlg.CommonDialog");
>  fobj.InitDir = "c:\\";
>  fobj.Filter = "*.*";
> try {
>   fobj.ShowOpen();
>  }
>  catch(e) {
>   alert(e.description);
>  }

> and got error message saying "The common dialog function failed during
> initialization.  This
> error often occurs when insufficient memory is available." from the machine
> which runs on 512MB.

> YH

Wed, 15 Oct 2003 12:25:19 GMT

1. Help!!!: Errors with 'MSComDlg.CommonDialog'

2. "MSComDlg.CommonDialog" and multiple files

3. "Class not licensed for use" creating MSComDlg.CommonDialog on W2K

4. "Class not licensed for use" creating MSComDlg.CommonDialog on W2K

5. How to install license for CreateObject("MSComDlg.CommonDialog")

6. Opening the library MSComDlg within a Windows script

7. CommonDialog Control

8. Can't create commondialog object - error 80040112

9. commondialog doesn't works with files..

10. Replacement for Comdlg32.ocx CommonDialog ShowOpen?

11. Commondialog.ShowOpen in VBScript?

12. rvbcdlg.CommonDialog??