Search Multiple Commercial Search Engines
Author Message
 Search Multiple Commercial Search Engines

I am looking for the ability to search multiple search engines, preferably
in parallel, and be able to:

1.)  Return results into a common page

2.)  Return results into a common result set for local processing/custom
presentation

Are either of these possible using either ASP, VBScript or JScript?  I am
aware of several meta search engines that provide a single point search for
multiple search engines, but I would feel more comfortable performing the
multiple searches myself.  Such as:

search string:  "Welcome to my world"
search against:  Yahoo, E{*filter*}, Snap, etc.

Any source code, components, applets and/or suggestions would be greatly
appreciated.

TIA!

Mon, 24 Sep 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Search Multiple Commercial Search Engines
One thing I can suggest is the ASPHTTP component from www.serverobjects.com.
You can use that to submit a request to each search engine and then parse
the results. I'm not sure how you could go about running multiple requests
in parallel though. You could also try building something in ATL to make the
requests if you're feeling ambitious.

Colin

Quote:
> I am looking for the ability to search multiple search engines, preferably
> in parallel, and be able to:

> 1.)  Return results into a common page

> 2.)  Return results into a common result set for local processing/custom
> presentation

> Are either of these possible using either ASP, VBScript or JScript?  I am
> aware of several meta search engines that provide a single point search
for
> multiple search engines, but I would feel more comfortable performing the
> multiple searches myself.  Such as:

> search string:  "Welcome to my world"
> search against:  Yahoo, E{*filter*}, Snap, etc.

> Any source code, components, applets and/or suggestions would be greatly
> appreciated.

> TIA!

Mon, 24 Sep 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Search Multiple Commercial Search Engines
Hello,

 you could use the "msxml" (???) component. As the result,
you'll get a pointer to the DOM tree of the doc. So parsing
is absolutely easy. I have no experience with it, I read about
it in a German programmers magazin (BasicPro).

Best regards,
Manfred Braun

(Private)
Lange Roetterstrasse 7
D68167 Mannheim
Germany

(Remove the anti-spam-underscore to mail me!)

Quote:
>I am looking for the ability to search multiple search engines, preferably
>in parallel, and be able to:

>1.)  Return results into a common page

>2.)  Return results into a common result set for local processing/custom
>presentation

>Are either of these possible using either ASP, VBScript or JScript?  I am
>aware of several meta search engines that provide a single point search for
>multiple search engines, but I would feel more comfortable performing the
>multiple searches myself.  Such as:

>search string:  "Welcome to my world"
>search against:  Yahoo, E{*filter*}, Snap, etc.

>Any source code, components, applets and/or suggestions would be greatly
>appreciated.

>TIA!

Mon, 24 Sep 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Search Multiple Commercial Search Engines

Quote:
> One thing I can suggest is the ASPHTTP component from www.serverobjects.com.
> You can use that to submit a request to each search engine and then parse
> the results. I'm not sure how you could go about running multiple requests
> in parallel though. You could also try building something in ATL to make the
> requests if you're feeling ambitious.

I looked at what they offer and was disgusted that what they offer is
$50.  I wrote a VB component myself in 5 minutes that does the same
thing.  If anybody wants the code, just shout.

Mon, 24 Sep 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Search Multiple Commercial Search Engines

2. Tab to search field on search engines

3. Easy Search engine?

4. Search Engine Secrets

5. Search Engine for ACCESS...

6. Search engine crawlers