Passing variable from server side to client side
Author Message
 Passing variable from server side to client side

I need to retrieve server date in jscript (no problem) and pass it to client
side of same html or asp page. I have an html/asp page with media player on
it, i need to open a media file by server date (not client date). How can i
do that ?

Many thanks!

Sat, 28 Aug 2004 21:50:30 GMT
 Passing variable from server side to client side
you pass anything from server to client with Response.Write()

please be more specific.

Atrax - MVP [Microsoft Most Valued Professional]

http://www.infinitemonkeys.ws/

Host with me for $100 a year!
http://www.atrax.ws/hosting/

Sun, 29 Aug 2004 06:07:36 GMT
 Passing variable from server side to client side

| I need to retrieve server date in jscript (no problem) and pass it to
| client side of same html or asp page. I have an html/asp page with media
| player on it, i need to open a media file by server date (not client
| date). How can i do that ?

Well, I don't have any experience with server-side JScript (I use Perl and
PHP instead), but I figure you would need something like this:

var jsOutput = "var date = new Date(" + (new Date()).valueOf() + ");\n";

--
:: "Ekevu Guepardo" ::
:: Acinonyx jubatus ::

Sun, 29 Aug 2004 09:34:16 GMT
 Passing variable from server side to client side
In ASP page:

<!--
var serverTimestamp = new Date("<%= String(new Date()) %>");
// Use var here!
// -->
</script>

HTH,
Jim Rofkar

| I need to retrieve server date in jscript (no problem) and pass it to client
| side of same html or asp page. I have an html/asp page with media player on
| it, i need to open a media file by server date (not client date). How can i
| do that ?
|
| Many thanks!

Sun, 29 Aug 2004 11:35:49 GMT

1. Passing variables from server-side to client-side

2. Passing variables from client-side to server-side

3. pass server side vbscript to client side javascript

4. how to pass client side values to server side

5. Passing Server Side Arrays to Client Side Scripts

6. Passing Server side vars to Client side

7. Passing a server side var to client side block

8. Uh ? Client side and Server side variables

9. Client-side to Server-side variable?

10. Server side variables to client side script?

11. Urgent : Passing variables from client script to server side

12. store server-side array in client side