Catching COM object errors in server-side jscript?
Author Message
 Catching COM object errors in server-side jscript?

I'm using server-side jscript to catch errors  raised from a COM component,
but the error description is always: "[object Error]", is there a way to
catch the original error description? Thanks.

Mon, 30 Jun 2003 04:56:16 GMT
 Catching COM object errors in server-side jscript?
Hi

Depends on your script engine els you can
try / catch

More
http://msdn.microsoft.com/scripting/
Best Regards
  Vidar Petursson
 ==============================
   Microsoft Internet, Client, SDK MVP
 ==============================
 http://www.icysoft.com
 http://www.dna.is

 ==============================
  No matter where you go there you are
 ==============================

> I'm using server-side jscript to catch errors  raised from a COM
component,
> but the error description is always: "[object Error]", is there a way to
> catch the original error description? Thanks.

Mon, 30 Jun 2003 17:18:31 GMT

1. catching server-side ASP errors with catch?

2. Passing arrays to COM java objects from JScript (Server Side)

3. 800ac352 error when intanciating a COM object in server side vbs

4. Jscript client-side and server-side objects

5. Calling Server Side JScript from Server Side VBScript

6. COM server error - can't create object

7. help! error handling in server side jscript

8. Server side JScript objects stored in Session variables

9. Instancing Java-components from ASP with server-side JScript: ASP115 error

10. Help converting server-side VBScript array into client-side JScript array

11. JScript code for both server side and client side

12. getting server side vbscript array to client side jscript