 write into specified frame

How can I write into a specified frame?
Thanks

Mon, 23 Dec 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 write into specified frame

Other frames can be referenced with either top (topmost browser window) or
parent (the parent of the frame that the script is in), so you could do
top.otherFrame.document.write();

Peter

Quote:
> How can I write into a specified frame?
> Thanks

Tue, 24 Dec 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 write into specified frame
But that overwrites everything in the page. I thought I could add text to
the a specific position.
Mark

Quote:
> Other frames can be referenced with either top (topmost browser window) or
> parent (the parent of the frame that the script is in), so you could do
> top.otherFrame.document.write();

> Peter

> > How can I write into a specified frame?
> > Thanks

Tue, 24 Dec 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 write into specified frame
Once you have the handle to the document in the frame, it's like any other dynamic HTML

For IE

top.frames('frameID').document.body.innerText="text"

--
Mark L. Ferguson    Please reply in Newsgroup
marfer's notes for OE 5 > http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Bay/6386/IE_ng_notes.htm

Quote:

> How can I write into a specified frame?
> Thanks

Tue, 24 Dec 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 write into specified frame

Or maybe you could try a DOM - http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-DOM-Level-1/ style
element creating and modifying.

Look for these things:
    createElement method
    insertBefore method
    appendChild method
    nodeValue property

IE implements these in ie 5.+ and NS6.0 promises to support these too at
least BETA does.

This way it shold be more standard and there is no need for browser type
checking.
DOM is really a big deal in 5+ browsers.

Mirronelli

Quote:

>Once you have the handle to the document in the frame, it's like any other
dynamic HTML

>For IE

>top.frames('frameID').document.body.innerText="text"

Sun, 29 Dec 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Specifying frame from a button

2. Specifying the Target Frame

3. Redirect to a specified html frame

4. Specifying target frames in Redirect statements

5. Quick question: specifying output to a different frame

6. Specifying the frame for a window.location.href command

7. write script into another frame with innerHTML/insertAdjacentHTML

8. write value to 2nd frame

9. Writing and calling a function in a new frame

10. Syntax for document.write to another frame ?

11. Response write to a frame ?

12. Response.Write to A FRAME! URGENT