Accessing a Control on a Framed page - How?
Author Message
 Accessing a Control on a Framed page - How?

I have a frame page on my site that has two frames. One frame is named music and the other frame is named content. I have a control on the page in the music frame that I would like to control from the page in the content frame. Currently I am using VBScript but I would also like to be able to do this with JavaScript. I know that JavaScript has a document property called parent that should allow me to get to the control using document.parent.music.CONTROL ? Is this correct ? If not, how would I access the control in VBScript, and what is the syntax for accessing it using JavaScript ?

Thanks
Gregory I. Hayes

http://www.*-*-*.com/

Wed, 01 Aug 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Accessing a Control on a Framed page - How?

parent.music.CONTROL will do it

--
Best Regards
   Vidar Petursson

I have a frame page on my site that has two frames. One frame is named music
and the other frame is named content. I have a control on the page in the
music frame that I would like to control from the page in the content frame.
Currently I am using VBScript but I would also like to be able to do this
with JavaScript. I know that JavaScript has a document property called
parent that should allow me to get to the control using
document.parent.music.CONTROL ? Is this correct ? If not, how would I access
the control in VBScript, and what is the syntax for accessing it using
JavaScript ?

Thanks
Gregory I. Hayes

http://emall-usa.com/greg

Thu, 02 Aug 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Accessing a Control on a Framed page - How?

2. Accessing a Control on a Framed page - How?

3. accessing controls in a different frame on same page

4. Chosing Frame content in a 2 framed page from a 1 framed page

5. FRAMES - NonFrame page to Frame page

6. Controlling access to certain web pages

7. Need Help Manipulating a control on an Embedded Data Access Page

8. Change control source in a data access page

9. Controlling Frame Width from Another Frame

10. Looking for an ActiveX Control to access a local Access db

11. If not in frame then load frame page...

12. catch data in frame and pass to another frame page