window.open maximized
Author Message
 window.open maximized

How can I open a new window maximized?

The reason I want to do this is because when I open a window with...
screenx=0,screeny=0,width=screen.availwidth,height=screen.availheight
the window doesn't opent in the top/left corner of the screen...it opens in
the a "funny" place. So if I open it maximized it would be 'forced' to open
top/left.

Tue, 24 Jun 2003 23:39:20 GMT
 window.open maximized
Instead of screenx=0,screeny=0 use top=0,left=0.
window.open("","","top=0,left=0,height=" + screen.availHeight +
                     ",width=" + screen.availWidth);

| How can I open a new window maximized?
|
| The reason I want to do this is because when I open a window with...
| screenx=0,screeny=0,width=screen.availwidth,height=screen.availheight
| the window doesn't opent in the top/left corner of the screen...it opens in
| the a "funny" place. So if I open it maximized it would be 'forced' to open
| top/left.

Wed, 25 Jun 2003 01:24:15 GMT
 window.open maximized

Fri, 19 Jun 1992 00:00:00 GMT
 window.open maximized
OK, I've gotten past this point, but here's the problem:  If somebody has a
desktop toolbar, e.g. the Microsoft Office Shortcut Bar, docked either at
the top or on the left side of the screen, then if you open the window to
top=0, left=0, then the window will overlay the toolbar underneath, and then
you'll have a gap either under or to the right of the browser window.  I've
been searching through the DOM and haven't been able to come up w/ a
property like availtop or availleft.  Has anybody found a workaround to this
problem?  I really want to open a window that overlays the "maximizable"
portion of the screen.

Quote:
> Instead of screenx=0,screeny=0 use top=0,left=0.
> window.open("","","top=0,left=0,height=" + screen.availHeight +
>                      ",width=" + screen.availWidth);

Quote:
> | How can I open a new window maximized?
> |
> | The reason I want to do this is because when I open a window with...
> | screenx=0,screeny=0,width=screen.availwidth,height=screen.availheight
> | the window doesn't opent in the top/left corner of the screen...it opens
in
> | the a "funny" place. So if I open it maximized it would be 'forced' to
open
> | top/left.

Sun, 07 Sep 2003 08:34:51 GMT

1. window.open Maximized !!??

2. window.open does not maximize the new window

3. window.open - how to maximize window?

4. window.open and maximize ?

5. Open new window maximized

6. Opening a new window maximized

7. Open a new Maximized Window with JScript?

8. Opening a Window Maximized?

9. Opening a Window "Maximized"

10. window.open and maximize ?

11. Problem with window opened thru window.open without toolbar and then maximized.

12. window.open only opens 1 window