Check if a window exists...
Author Message
 Check if a window exists...

I have page1.asp where i open a window  [
window1=window.open("new.asp","window1")], then i go to page2.asp and from
there i check if new.asp is still open...

If there is a way to do this?

Your help with this situation will be much much appreciated!

A. Chan

Tue, 07 Sep 2004 05:54:40 GMT
 Check if a window exists...
Hi Antonia,
I am afraid the answer is "NO".
The child can reference the parent window using window.opener.

The parent can get a reference to the child window by saving the reference
to the child window returned from the window.open call.

Thanks
Laura
Microsoft Corp

? 2002 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

Mon, 13 Sep 2004 05:40:07 GMT
 Check if a window exists...
I will find a way to do what i need to do w/o windows! Thanks for your
reply!

A. Chan

Mon, 13 Sep 2004 05:58:36 GMT
 Check if a window exists...
If you have another page that is in a 'hidden' frameset, you can keep the
variable reference in that page and thus maintain it to see if it is still
valid when the second page loads?

Chris Barber.

Quote:
> I will find a way to do what i need to do w/o windows! Thanks for your
> reply!

> A. Chan

Mon, 13 Sep 2004 06:23:30 GMT

1. How to check if a window still exists?

2. How to check if a window still exists?

3. Checking to see if opener window exists

4. check if a window name exist

5. window.open(): Cannot re-use existing window on IE5 on Mac

6. Using File Exists on Windows Explorer and Windows Media player shortcuts

7. How to check exist file?

8. check if file exist?

9. Checking to see if object exists using JavaScript

10. Check if File Exists?

11. javascript function to check if a file exist

12. Checking if File Exists?