JS - Frames - Servers
Author Message
 JS - Frames - Servers

Hy there!

I have 2 Frames and I want to access a JS-Function in Frame A by clicking a
Button in
Frame B and return a value to Frame B. The problem is, that the 2 frames are
on different
servers. In NN it works fine (see code below), but I can't make IE(5) do
this. I just get
the JS-Error 'Access Denied'.

Frame B:

<SCRIPT LANGUAGE="JavaScript">
function doit() {
parent.frameA.ABC("its a test");}
</SCRIPT>
</HEAD>
<BODY>

Frame A:

function ABC(text) {
    alert(text);}

If the sites are on 1 server it works, on 2 serves it don't.
NN does it.

Do anyone have suggestions what I could do to get this
(simple) thing done?
P.S. I'm able to edit both frames (sites).

THX!!!!!!!!!!!
Michael

Thu, 24 Jul 2003 21:26:01 GMT
 JS - Frames - Servers
The frames need to be within the same domain under IE....

You can pass arguments to the frames page, then back through using ASP.

-TH

Quote:
> Hy there!

> I have 2 Frames and I want to access a JS-Function in Frame A by clicking
> Button in
> Frame B and return a value to Frame B. The problem is, that the 2 frames
are
> on different
> servers. In NN it works fine (see code below), but I can't make IE(5) do
> this. I just get
> the JS-Error 'Access Denied'.

> Frame B:

> <SCRIPT LANGUAGE="JavaScript">
> function doit() {
> parent.frameA.ABC("its a test");}
> </SCRIPT>
> </HEAD>
> <BODY>

> Frame A:

> function ABC(text) {
>     alert(text);}

> If the sites are on 1 server it works, on 2 serves it don't.
> NN does it.

> Do anyone have suggestions what I could do to get this
> (simple) thing done?
> P.S. I'm able to edit both frames (sites).

> THX!!!!!!!!!!!
> Michael

Fri, 25 Jul 2003 06:28:15 GMT
 JS - Frames - Servers
Another way:

Under security there is a way to allow information to cross domains.  Is
this an internal, or external application?

-TH

Quote:
> Hy there!

> I have 2 Frames and I want to access a JS-Function in Frame A by clicking
> Button in
> Frame B and return a value to Frame B. The problem is, that the 2 frames
are
> on different
> servers. In NN it works fine (see code below), but I can't make IE(5) do
> this. I just get
> the JS-Error 'Access Denied'.

> Frame B:

> <SCRIPT LANGUAGE="JavaScript">
> function doit() {
> parent.frameA.ABC("its a test");}
> </SCRIPT>
> </HEAD>
> <BODY>

> Frame A:

> function ABC(text) {
>     alert(text);}

> If the sites are on 1 server it works, on 2 serves it don't.
> NN does it.

> Do anyone have suggestions what I could do to get this
> (simple) thing done?
> P.S. I'm able to edit both frames (sites).

> THX!!!!!!!!!!!
> Michael

Fri, 25 Jul 2003 06:31:30 GMT

1. saving htm in frame with code from another frame to directory on server

2. HTML and JS combination for frames

3. Using Frames JS objects seem to send back data from no where...almost

4. JS on the server side

5. Re-download a changed JS file from server?

6. server side js

7. Debugging; grabbing line number js server side

8. save information in a .js in server

9. Weird Internal Server Error - JS/ASP

10. Include JS file from JS file

11. crossprobe.js, the JS plug-in/ActiveX media-toolbox

12. including js file inside an js file