Height of positioned elements in IE!!!!!!
Author Message
 Height of positioned elements in IE!!!!!!

here is a scenario.
I either create on the fly or hardcode a
...</div>

jsut for precision i create it on the fly using the statement.

document.body.insertAdjacentHTML("beforeEnd", stringofHTML)

in NS i can get the document.layers["bla"].document.height
property and know exactly how many pixels this element is when rendered.

but for the life of me i can't figure out how to get the that number for
IE

i ma very sad because I cant seem to make scrollbars in internet
exploiter...

any ideas?

Tue, 17 Dec 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Height of positioned elements in IE!!!!!!

Quote:

> here is a scenario.
> I either create on the fly or hardcode a
> ...</div>

> jsut for precision i create it on the fly using the statement.

> document.body.insertAdjacentHTML("beforeEnd", stringofHTML)

> in NS i can get the document.layers["bla"].document.height
> property and know exactly how many pixels this element is when rendered.

> but for the life of me i can't figure out how to get the that number for
> IE

> i ma very sad because I cant seem to make scrollbars in internet
> exploiter...

> any ideas?

ok I solved it .. it is not a property of the style object--- it is a
property of the positioned element itself. and is
document.all["id"].offsetHeight

Tue, 17 Dec 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. DOM and element positioning

2. Forms elements are not displayed in positioned divs

3. Element Positioning

4. Work out the absolute position of an element

5. Finding element positions

6. Determining positions of elements

7. Changing the position of HTML elements

8. Cursor position in the TEXTAREA element

9. Find an HTML element at position x,y

10. position of an XML element (XSLT)

11. position of the element

12. Element Positioning