response.redirect & scripting object model error
Author Message
 response.redirect & scripting object model error

Hi,

I am trying to do a response.redirect or pageObject.navigateURL from a
page using the scripting object model. The response.redirect command
always gives an error. If I decline the option to debug, my browser
(IE4) does manage to navigate to the correct page.

What is going on?

Sent via Deja.com http://www.*-*-*.com/

Sun, 27 Jan 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 response.redirect & scripting object model error
Install SP2 for IE4 or upgrade to IE5.  Fixed the problem for me.

mp

Quote:

> Hi,

> I am trying to do a response.redirect or pageObject.navigateURL from a
> page using the scripting object model. The response.redirect command
> always gives an error. If I decline the option to debug, my browser
> (IE4) does manage to navigate to the correct page.

> What is going on?

Sun, 27 Jan 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 response.redirect & scripting object model error
The Error is occuring in asp script so should not be a browser problem.
(Unless the browser upgrade is updating things other than just the
browser. One reason for using Netscape)

Quote:
> Install SP2 for IE4 or upgrade to IE5.  Fixed the problem for me.

> mp

> > Hi,

> > I am trying to do a response.redirect or pageObject.navigateURL
from a
> > page using the scripting object model. The response.redirect command
> > always gives an error. If I decline the option to debug, my browser
> > (IE4) does manage to navigate to the correct page.

> > What is going on?

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/

Tue, 29 Jan 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 response.redirect & scripting object model error

Quote:
> The Error is occuring in asp script so should not be a browser problem.
> (Unless the browser upgrade is updating things other than just the
> browser. One reason for using Netscape)

Colin,

What is the exact error, and what is the code causing the error?

Peter

--
Peter J. Torr - Microsoft Windows Script Program Manager

Please do not e-mail me with questions - post them to this
newsgroup instead. Thankyou!

Tue, 29 Jan 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 response.redirect & scripting object model error
Hi

Hard to tell with no code or the actual error, are you
passing a querystring also?

If so perhaps Server.URLEncode(string) is a solution.

E.G
Response.Redirect("PageToGo.asp?id="+Server.URLEncode(string));
--
Best Regards
   Vidar Petursson

-

Quote:
> Hi,

> I am trying to do a response.redirect or pageObject.navigateURL from a
> page using the scripting object model. The response.redirect command
> always gives an error. If I decline the option to debug, my browser
> (IE4) does manage to navigate to the correct page.

> What is going on?

Wed, 30 Jan 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. response.redirect & scripting object model error

2. Response Redirect doesn't Work - No me funciona Response Redirect

3. Response.Redirect Error

4. Response.ReDirect Unusual Error - HELP WANTED.

5. Response.Redirect 500 Internal server error

6. weird error...Response.Redirect fails

7. Response.Redirect Error

8. Valid script does not work with Scripting Object Model

9. Valid script does not work with Scripting Object Model

10. Throw iExplore.exe Error in IE5 on using DHTML object Model

11. Using scripting object model

12. vbscsript and visual interdev scripting object model