Can jscript call Excell functions
Author Message
 Can jscript call Excell functions

Was just wondering if jscript running in IE 4 or 5 can make use of Excel
objects?

Can VBScript? Have not worked with VBScript is it the same as VBA?

I have some great VBA scripts that I would love to covert over to jscript
and have them run in a browser.

Thanks in advance.

Rick Labs

Thu, 25 Oct 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Can jscript call Excell functions

Quote:

>Was just wondering if jscript running in IE 4 or 5 can make use of Excel
>objects?

Sure, Excel objects are JAAC (Just Another Automation Component), so you can
use them like you use the FileSystemObject or whatever.

Something like:

var objExcel = new ActiveXObject("Excel.Application");
objExcel.Visible = true;
var objWorkbook = objExcel.Workbooks.Add();
objWorkbook.Worksheets(1).Range("a1") = "Hello from JScript!";

Quote:
>Can VBScript? Have not worked with VBScript is it the same as VBA?

Yes, you can use VBScript too. VBScript is a close cousin of VBA. Neither is
a subset of the other, because they both have some features that the other
doesn't. But VBA is more powerful and has an integrated development
environment, etc. You can build entire business applications on top of
Office (or other VBA-enabled applications) using VBA.

VBScript, on the other hand, is somewhat simpler. It is designed to be a
general-purpose language, but it enjoys widespread use mainly in ASP and
Windows Scripting Host scripts.

Peter

--
Peter J. Torr, Melbourne, Australia -- Unemployed lay-about!
JScript FAQ: http://www.netspace.net.au/~torrboy/code/jscriptfaq/

Fri, 26 Oct 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. How do I call JScript functions from within ASP written in JScript

2. Excell workbook procedure call from browser/server script?

3. calling vbscript function from jscript

4. Can browser call Jscript function automaticaly when page loads

5. Calling JScript function from VBScript code

6. Calling a function defined in a linked JScript file

7. how an applet can fire a jscript event (or call a function)

8. How can I call jscript function from vb?

9. Calling JScript function

10. Calling Jscript Function from a remote window

11. Calling jscript function

12. Calling Jscript Function from Vbscript?