Can't find parent
Author Message
 Can't find parent

Hi,

I use window.open to display a popup dialog - but when I use parent.location
it refers to the popup dialog's location, not the parent location.

How do I get a hold on the parent window?

Regards

Sun, 20 Apr 2003 00:27:27 GMT
 Can't find parent

Hi

window.opener.location.href

More
http://msdn.microsoft.com/workshop/

--
Best Regards
  Vidar Petursson

 ==============================
 No matter where you go there you are
 ==============================

Quote:
> Hi,

> I use window.open to display a popup dialog - but when I use
parent.location
> it refers to the popup dialog's location, not the parent location.

> How do I get a hold on the parent window?

> Regards

Sun, 20 Apr 2003 00:40:14 GMT

1. parent's parent in an IFRAME

2. find parent Form from a button click

3. Child Window can't talk to parent window -- or vice versa

4. help, I can't create an array from child window in parent window

5. Reloading a Parent Page from it's Child

6. href="javascript:parent.window.close() doesn't work

7. invoking 'Find' in IE5

8. Can't find Adobe's EPS help manual

9. where can i find 'a2ps'?

10. iframe and parent of its parent

11. Ghostscript can't find gs_init.ps

12. RH7.3 Ghostscript upgrade to 7.05 can't find fonts