"access denied" on cross domain scripting
Author Message
 "access denied" on cross domain scripting

Hi,
(sorry its an 1:1 translation from german)

In my IE security options i have setting
"Access data sources over Domain boundaries away"
at "activate" on all Zones - however I always still
receive the error "access denied"

Is a " Dummy" option?

salute
Th. Fischer

Tue, 21 May 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 "access denied" on cross domain scripting
Hi,
(sorry its an 1:1 translation from german)

In my IE5 security options i have setting
"Access data sources over Domain boundaries away"
at "activate" in all zones - however I always still
receive the error "access denied"

Is it a dummy option?

salute
Th. Fischer

Tue, 21 May 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 "access denied" on cross domain scripting

See MS KB article:
ADO and RDS Security Issues in Microsoft Internet Explorer
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/psdk/dasdk/mdse3wj3.htm

It has nothing to do with cross-frame/cross-domain document script access.  It applies to "...unsafe operations on ADO and RDS objects...".

--
Michael Harris

  Hi,
  (sorry its an 1:1 translation from german)

  In my IE security options i have setting
  "Access data sources over Domain boundaries away"
  at "activate" on all Zones - however I always still
  receive the error "access denied"

  Is a " Dummy" option?

  salute
  Th. Fischer

Tue, 21 May 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 "access denied" on cross domain scripting

Quote:

> See MS KB article:
> It has nothing to do with cross-frame/cross-domain
> document script access.  > It applies to "...unsafe
> operations on ADO and RDS objects...".

thanks for your answer ...
but how can i access on the DOM from other domains?
Only with HTA? Is'nt there a mechanism like Netscape
Privileg "UniversalBrowserRead/ -Write" ???

salute
Thomas Fischer

Fri, 24 May 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 "access denied" on cross domain scripting

AFAIK, in IE you can't...

--
Michael Harris

  > See MS KB article:
  > It has nothing to do with cross-frame/cross-domain
  > document script access.  > It applies to "...unsafe
  > operations on ADO and RDS objects...".

  thanks for your answer ...
  but how can i access on the DOM from other domains?
  Only with HTA? Is'nt there a mechanism like Netscape
  Privileg "UniversalBrowserRead/ -Write" ???

  salute
  Thomas Fischer

Fri, 24 May 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. "Access denied" when accessing script object

2. cross-frame, cross-domain script access denial

3. "Access denied" on document.LastModified Object

4. "Access is denied" Error

5. "Access is denied" error

6. "Access denied" - urgent

7. ASP ADSI "GENERAL ACCESS DENIED"???